Gibson Acoustic 2018 Limited Hummingbird Regal, Rosewood Burst
The craftspeople of Gibson's Montana factory have gone all out for this limited run Hummingbird! This Regal is just that, a show-stopping masterpiece with no expense spared. The top is solid Sitka Spruce bound with Mother-of-Pearl, the sides are solid Rosewood with gorgeous three-piece back of Rosewood with a Maple centre piece trimmed with beautiful marquetry. The rounded profile one-piece Mahogany neck has a smooth, black Richlite fingerboard with brass bordered Mother-of-Pearl parallelogram inlays.
To amplify this acoustic wonderment the top-line LR Baggs Session VTC is fitted. Featuring 'dynamic EQ', there are built-in low, mid, and high frequency compressors which are essentially touch-sensitive EQs that respond in real-time to your dynamics. This gives additional harmonics for a superior, natural warmth and richness of tone. The pickup tracks the motion of the top rather than the direct string attack so it mitigates the “quack” common in other undersaddle pickups and unlocks the Element’s unrivaled dynamic range whilst giving tape-like saturation voiced specifically for the acoustic guitar.
This Hummingbird Regal is one of only 100 worldwide!
- Body: Sitka Spruce with Rosewood, Flame Maple center piece
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Round
- Scale Length: 24.75''
- Fingerboard: Richlite
- Fingerboard Radius: 12
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets: Standard gold frets
- Nut: Tusq, 1.725''
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Parallelograms with brass border
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Bridge: Traditional, belly-up Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Grover Rotomatic
- Pick Guard: Hummingbird
- Pickup: LR Baggs Sessions
- Controls: Volume, Tone, Saturation control
- Strings: 0.053, 0.042, 0.032, 0.024, 0.016, 0.012
- Case: Hardshell
- Other: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit