Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue VOS, Walnut
Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue VOS Overview.
A new year, a new decade and a fantastic new Gibson Guitars product lineup that is sure to have something for everyone. After a very successful relaunch in 2019, the Gibson Custom range has drawn inspiration from it's roots while offering the very best in modern luthiery technques to deliver a true modern classic. When you play a Gibson Custom Shop instrument you can easily understand what all the hype is about. This years lineup is fantastic with another anniversary series in the form of the Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard which is available in six colours such as Wide Tomato Burst, Orange Lemon Fade and Washed Bourbon Burst. Other notable additions are the Gibson Custom 1963 Firebird V and 1965 Non-Reverse Firebird V both with a Maestro Vibrola and finished in Vintage Sunburst, the Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Explorer and 1958 Mahogany Flying V both in a Walnut finish and the very bold Gibson Custom 1967 Mahogany Flying V with Maestro in Sparkling Burgundy. The Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson’s legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
A faithful tribute to the original 1958 Flying V model made of Korina, this version is made of Mahogany and features a beautiful Walnut nish that adds a layer of class to this iconic ahead-of-its-time design.
Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue VOS Specs:
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Body Shape: Flying V
- Top: None
- Back: Solid Mahogany
- Binding: None
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Finish: Gold
- Tuner Plating: Gold
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Chevron
- Tuning: Kluson Single Line
- Truss Rod:
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Gold-Plated
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/1 Tone CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity
Amazing guitar. Perfect weight.