Gibson Custom 1963 Les Paul SG Custom Reissue 3-Pickup, Maestro VOS, Classic White
Gibson Custom 1963 Les Paul SG Custom Reissue 3-Pickup w/ Maestro VOS, Classic White Overview.
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
The last year of the ""Les Paul"" moniker on the SG Custom was also the first year of the Maestro Vibrola...1963. Gibson Custom Shop has proudly recreated this desirable version of the SG Custom down to the original construction methods and contours. The result is a beautiful, versatile and tremendous-sounding instrument that plays effortlessly. The solid Ebony fingerboard and revamped vintage-style electronics help it attain new sonic heights with clarity and sustain. From the dimensions to the contours to the precise inlay patterns to the sonic experience, it's the top of the line SG in every respect!
Weight - 8.70lbs
- Material Solid Mahogany
- Profile 1960 Slim Taper
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Solid Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material Nylon
- Nut Width 1.687"
- End of Board Width 2.24"
- Inlays Mother of Pearl Block
- Joint Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Body Shape SG
- Body Material 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- WeightRelief None
- Finish Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Finish Gold
- Tuner Plating Gold
- Bridge ABR-1
- Tailpiece Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines Grover Kidney
- Pickguard White Multi-Ply
- TrussRod Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Truss Rod Cover Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs Black Top Hats w/ Gold Inserts
- Switch Tip Cream
- Switchwasher Silkscreened Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Control Covers White
- Strap Buttons Brass
- Mounting Rings Black M69
- Pickup Covers Authentic Profile Gold-plated Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Middle Pickup Custombucker Alnico III (if applicable)
- Bridge Pickup Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Black Beauty Capacitors
- Pickup Selector 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack Switchcraft
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Custom Shop Hardshell
- Accessories Certificate of Authenticity Booklet, Historic Reissue Hang Tags
Happily this guitar lived up to its expectations given that it cost a pretty penny. Very nicely set up and beautiful to look at it also delivered a muscular sound. As you'd hope at this price point the guitar decimated my other SGs that I own making them sound puny in comparison. Glorious.