Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard V1 VOS, Deep Cherry Sunburst
Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard VOS Overview.
A new year, a new decade and a fantastic new Gibson Guitars product lineup that is sure to have something for everyone. After a very successful relaunch in 2019, the Gibson Custom range has drawn inspiration from it's roots while offering the very best in modern luthiery technques to deliver a true modern classic. When you play a Gibson Custom Shop instrument you can easily understand what all the hype is about. This years lineup is fantastic with another anniversary series in the form of the Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard which is available in six colours such as Wide Tomato Burst, Orange Lemon Fade and Washed Bourbon Burst. Other notable additions are the Gibson Custom 1963 Firebird V and 1965 Non-Reverse Firebird V both with a Maestro Vibrola and finished in Vintage Sunburst, the Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Explorer and 1958 Mahogany Flying V both in a Walnut finish and the very bold Gibson Custom 1967 Mahogany Flying V with Maestro in Sparkling Burgundy. The Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson’s legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
The original sunburst Les Paul Standard was produced from 1958 to 1960, and while 1959 examples may have gained the most fame, the 1960 became known for their wide variety of colors and specs. Les Paul Standards from the first third of 1960 (V1) had the same specs as their 1959 counterparts, while the middle third (V2) introduced thinner neck profiles, different knobs and brighter colors. The final third (V3) brought about some of the thinnest necks Gibson ever produced, accompanied by wide, colorfast sunburst finishes. Each version has its fans and celebrity adopters over the decades, shaping music history and continuing to inspire players in new ways.
To celebrate the 60th Anniversary of this important model, Gibson Custom Shop is proud to present three different versions of 1960 Les Paul Standards rendered in stunning detail and accuracy to the originals. The specs and colors of each version closely follow vintage examples that Gibson Custom Shop has scanned and studied over the years, giving you a playing experience as authentic and thrilling as owning a half-million-dollar original. Each will include a commemorative 60th Anniversary switch plate and Certificate of Authenticity booklet as well as a vintage reissue hardshell case.
Gibson Custom 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standard VOS Specs:
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: V1 Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape or V2 Authentic '60 Slim C-Shape or V3 Authentic '60 Skinny C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Authentic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Body Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring (V1) or Double Ring (V2, V3)
- Pickguard: Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod: Authentic 1950s No-Tube
- Pickup Covers: Authentic Profile Nickel Silver
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume/2 Tone CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity
- Weight: 8.62 lbs