Gibson Custom 1957 Les Paul Custom 3 Pickup VOS, Ebony Overview
There are perhaps just a handful of guitars which can truly be regarded as iconic, and the 1957 Gibson 3 Pickup Les Paul "Black Beauty" is undoubtedly one of them. This Custom Shop reissue from Gibson faithfully revives those classic instruments with an accuracy and attention to detail which could only be provided by the incredible craftmanship of Gibson's luthiers.
Classic tones courtesy of three CustomBucker Alnico III unpotted pickups, an original and high quality specification, and an eye catching nitro finish are all wrapped together with that unparalleled, handcrafted Custom Shop finesse - the detailing of which is second to none. Gold hardware, mother-of-pearl '50s Pattern inlays, and Kluson Waffleback tuners combine with the one piece mahogany body, "Chunky C Profile" mahogany neck, lustrous ebony fingerboard, and 22 medium jumbo frets to make this a guitar you will never want to stop playing.
Once again Gibson have crafted not only a beautiful and classic guitar, but one that also has the look and feel of a lovingly cared for 63 year old masterpiece.
What Gibson say:
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson's legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail.
With its elegant lines and Ebony/Pearl/Gold aesthetic, the 1957 Les Paul Custom is easily one of the most iconic and beautiful guitars ever made. It features a body carved out of a single large piece of solid mahogany, unique among Les Paul models. The resulting dark mid-range tone from the body pairs perfectly with its bright-sounding solid Ebony fingerboard. All together, it's the pinnacle of guitar craftsmanship, design and tone. Gibson Custom Shop is proud to revive every last detail of the original "Black Beauty" for this '57 Les Paul Custom Reissue, from the dimensions and contours to the precise inlay patterns to the entire ownership experience.
- Body: 1-Piece Solid Mahogany
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Neck: Solid Mahogany, Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Neck Profile: Chunky 'C' Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75", 62.865cm
- Fingerboard: Solid Ebony, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687", 42.85mm
- End of Board Width: 2.240", 56.89mm
- Inlays: 1950s Pattern Mother of Pearl
- Truss Rod: 50's Tubeless
- Finish: Gold
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Waffleback
- Pickguard: Replica Multi-ply Acrylic
- Control Knobs: Replica Butyrate Black Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Replica Catalin
- Switchwasher: Replica Acrylic
- Jack Plate Cover: Replica Multi-ply Acrylic
- Neck & Middle Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III
- -2 x 500K CTS Volume Pots
- -2 x 500K CTS Tone Pots
- -Hand-Wired Harness with Paper in Oil Capacitors
- -Switchcraft Toggle Switch
- Strings: 10-13-17-26-36-46
- Case: Brown/Pink Lacquered 50s Replica Case
- Also includes: Die-Cast Switch Plate Medallion (with Extra Black Plastic Cover in the Case), Gibson Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity
Elixir 12052 Nickel Plated Steel Nanoweb Electric, Light, 10-46
Hercules GS412B Plus AGS Guitar Stand
Tiger GST49 Wooden Guitar Wall Hanger