Gibson Custom Jimi Hendrix 1969 Flying V, Aged Ebony
The Gibson Custom Jimi Hendrix 1969 Flying V is a faithful right-handed recreation of Jimi Hendrix’s iconic 1969 Gibson Flying V, which he called “Flying Angel”. It was made famous by Hendrix’s iconic performance at the Isle of Wight Festival on 31st August and the original is currently owned by Hard Rock International.
Features include a mahogany body and neck, a 22-fret ebony fingerboard with split diamond mother of pearl inlays (this inlay shape was specially requested by Jimi, made to represent native American arrowheads), a maestro short vibrola tailpiece, two premium Custombuckers that produce a fat tone, and three ‘black witch hat’ style control knobs with gold inserts and dial pointers. The guitar is completed with a Murphy Lab Aged Ebony finish and aged gold hardware.
The Gibson Custom Jimi Hendrix 1969 Flying V is limited to 125 pieces
Serial Number - 007
Jimi Hendrix™ 1969 Flying V, Jimi Hendrix™ Case (included), Hendrix™-branded Truss Rod Cover, Certificate of Authenticity, 5 Hendrix™ picks, limited edition 8"x10" archival print of Jimi Hendrix courtesy of Kramer Archives, signed by engineer/producer Eddie Kramer
There’s also the Gibson Custom Jimi Hendrix 1967 SG Custom, Aged Classic White, a limited-edition replica limited to 150 pieces.
Gibson Custom Shop is the pinnacle of craftsmanship, quality, and sound excellence. Each instrument celebrates Gibson’s legacy through accuracy, authenticity and attention to detail. Jimi Hendrix is widely regarded as the most innovative guitarist of the rock era. This Custom Shop Flying V is a right-handed recreation of Jimi’s left-handed 1969 Gibson Flying V, which he custom-ordered directly from Gibson. Used during the Band of Gypsys era, it was made famous by Hendrix’s performance at the Isle of Wight Festival on August 31, 1970. It features a Murphy Lab Aged Ebony finish, as well as aged gold hardware. Only 125 right-handed models will be created as part of this very special run, hand-made by the expert luthiers and craftspeople of the Gibson Custom Shop in Nashville, Tennessee, USA.
- Material Mahogany
- Profile Authentic '67 Flying V, .85" at Nut
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Ebony, with 1-ply White Binding
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Reissue
- Nut Material Corian
- Nut Width 1.6"
- End of Board Width 2.04"
- Inlays Split Diamond in Mother of Pearl
- Joint Set Neck, Short Tenon
- Body Shape Flying V
- Body Material Mahogany
- Finish Murphy Lab Aged
- Finish Aged Gold
- Tuner Plating Aged Gold
- Bridge ABR-1
- Saddle Material Nylon
- Tailpiece Maestro Short Vibrola
- Tuning Machines Kluson Single Line, Single Ring Tulip
- Pickguard '67 Flying V
- TrussRod Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover 3-Ply Black/White/Black with "CUSTOM" Engraved
- Control Knobs Black Witch Hats with Gold Inserts and Dial Pointers
- Switch Tip Black
- Plastic Parts Black
- Control Covers Black
- Strap Buttons 2 - Brass; Inside Wing and Back of Heel
- Pickup Covers Aged Gold
- Neck Pickup Custombucker
- Bridge Pickup Custombucker
- Controls 2 500K CTS Volume, 1 500K CTS Tone
- Pickup Selector 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Jimi Hendrix Case (included)
- Accessories Hendrix-branded Truss Rod Cover, Certificate of Authenticity, 5 Hendrix™ picks, limited edition 8"x10" archival print of Jimi Hendrix courtesy of Kramer Archives, signed by engineer/producer Eddie Kramer
No upgrades available