Gibson Custom True Historic 1957 Les Paul Goldtop, Tom Murphy Aged (Vintage Antique Gold)
Gibson Product Overview
With the True Historic range, Gibson Custom commits to a fanatic level of detail accuracy to bring you as close as possible to owning an original 1957 Gibson Les Paul.
A double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding, and plastics replicated from molecular-level analysis of original vintage parts headline only a few of the extensive and obsessive details found in each of the very limited number of True Historic 1957 Les Pauls offered. Add a pair of superbly accurate Custom Bucker pickups, re-created from precise study and measurement of original PAFs, and that legendary tone is all there.
This fabulous guitar has been gently and painstakingly aged by the master that is Tom Murphy to give the appearance of a vintage instrument that has been cherished over many years. You simply can't get closer to the real thing... than the real thing.
- Top Wood: Carved Plain Maple attached with Hot Hide Glue
- Body Wood: Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany, hand selected for lightweight
- Neck Wood: 1-Piece Mahogany Neck
- Neck Shape: Early '50s Rounded
- Neck Dimensions: .900 1st - 1.00 12th
- Fingerboard: Solid Indian Rosewood attached with Hot Hide Glue
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Inlays: Aged Nitrocellulose Trapezoids
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Width at Nut: 1 11/16"
- Frets: 22
- Headstock: True Historic Pegged Veneer
- Binding: Single-Ply Cream on Top and Hand filed rolled Fingerboard Binding
- Pickups: 2 Alnico III Custom Buckers
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone and 3-way Toggle switch
- Hardware : Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuners: Reissue Kluson Deluxe Green Keys, Single Band
- Unique Features: Vintage Accurate Plastic Parts, aged by Tom Murphy
- Case: Gibson Custom Hardshell