Gibson Custom True Historic 1960 Les Paul Tom Murphy Aged, Vintage Cherry Sunburst
Gibson Custom True Historic 1960 Les Paul Tom Murphy Aged Overview by GAK:
The True Historic Series from Gibson Custom feature replica-level detail, from plastics recreated based on lab analysis of original 50's parts, to double-carved top and neck profiles and thin, hand-sanded finishes, they are the most complete, accurate and refined recreations of the guitars that form the mid-century legend of Gibson's solid body range. The True Historic 1960 Les Paul Standard is our most refined, replica level Reissue of the 'Burst that followed on the heels of the 1959's less than impressive sales figures. In an effort to meet the trends of the day, Gibson transitioned the neck profile of the 1960 model year Les Paul Standard to a thinner, "faster" profile. It took the entire model year to come to fruition with early 1960's versions built with the same neck as the '59, then a slightly thinner version, known now as a "V2" by mid-year, until finally a very thin "V3" was in stores by the latter part of 1960. Today's Reissue is closest to the "V2" profile, a feature vintage collector's and enthusiasts consider the most desirable.Now in his 29th year working for Gibson, the legend that is Tom Murphy has progressed from the rough-mill to the pinnacle of crafting Historic replicas of Gibson's earlier years. His research and diligence led to Gibson introducing the '59 Les Paul Resissue back in the early nineties. This fabulous Les Paul has been gently and painstakingly aged by Tom himself to give the appearance of a vintage instrument that has been cherished over many years. You simply can't get closer to the real thing... than the real thing!
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple attached with Hot Hide Glue
- Body Wood: Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany
- Neck Wood: 1-Piece Mahogany Neck
- Neck Shape: Slim 60's
- Neck Dimensions: .810 1st - .920 12th
- Fingerboard: Rosewood attached with Hot Hide Glue
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Inlays: Cellulose Trapezoids
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Width at Nut: 1 11/16"
- Frets: 22
- Headstock: True Historic Pegged Veneer
- Binding: Single-Ply Cream on Top and Hand filed rolled Fingerboard Binding
- Pickups: 2 Custom Buckers
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone and 3-way Toggleswitch
- Hardware : Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuners: Double-Band Kluson "Deluxe"
- Unique Features: Vintage Accurate Plastic Parts
- Case: Gibson Custom Hardshell