Gibson Custom True Historic Select UK Collection 1957 Les Paul Standard Heavy Aged (Antique Gold)
Gibson Custom 1957 Les Paul Product Overview by GAK
Wow! It's rare we get guitars through that leave us speechless! This is one of just 5 guitars in an extremely limited UK only collection from the Gibson Custom Shop in Nashville. This is the best example of a 57 we have ever seen here, the ageing looks amazing and is definitely unique! The thing that really sets this apart from other 57's is the neck, it just sits perfectly in the hand and plays like a dream. The PAF spec Custom Buckers really sing on this one!
The UK Collection is one of the most exclusive ranges of guitars ever offered by Gibson's Nashville Custom Shop. It comprises just five sets of True Historic spec Les Pauls based on the 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959 & 1960 reissues. All sets feature factory heavy ageing as well as an exclusive UK Certificate of Authenticity and 'UK' serial number.
With the True Historic range, Gibson Custom commits to a fanatic level of detail accuracy to bring you as close as possible to owning an original 1957 Gibson Les Paul. A double-carved and hand-sanded top and neck, hand wet-sanded finish, hand-filed rolled fingerboard binding, and plastics replicated from molecular-level analysis of original vintage parts headline only a few of the extensive and obsessive details found in each of the very limited number of True Historic 1957 Les Pauls offered. Add a pair of superbly accurate Custom Bucker pickups, re-created from precise study and measurement of original PAFs, and that legendary Les Paul tone is all there. You simply can't get closer to the real thing... than the real thing!
- Top Wood: Double Carved Plain Maple attached with Hot Hide Glue
- Body Wood: Solid Non-Weight Relieved Mahogany, hand selected for lightweight
- Neck Wood: 1-Piece Mahogany Neck
- Neck Shape: Early '50s Rounded
- Neck Dimensions: .900 1st - 1.00 12th
- Fingerboard: Solid Indian Rosewood attached with Hot Hide Glue
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Inlays: Aged Nitrocellulose Trapezoids
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Width at Nut: 1 11/16"
- Frets: 22
- Headstock: True Historic Pegged Veneer
- Binding: Single-Ply Cream on Top and Hand filed rolled Fingerboard Binding
- Pickups: 2 Alnico III Custom Buckers
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone and 3-way Toggle switch
- Hardware : Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuners: Reissue Kluson Deluxe Green Keys, Single Band
- Unique Features: Vintage Accurate Aged Plastic Parts, UK Limited Certificate Book
- Case: Gibson Custom Hardshell