Gibson USA 2018 Firebird, Ebony
New for 2018, GAK are proud to present the new Gibson USA range of electric guitars!
The Firebird was originally introduced by Gibson in 1963 as an attempt to appeal to a new audience. Gibson commissioned car designer Ray Dietrich to produce the concepts for the Firebird and it's inspiration was taken from both Gibson's Explorer model and the curves and fins that made the cars of the '60s so famous. Affectionately named the 'Reverse' by fans of the original model due to it's bottom cut-away being longer than the top.
This latest offering, the Gibson USA 2018 Firebird, Ebony brings this classic, forward-thinking design and adds new, modern features. Based around neck-thru construction, the Firebird Studio 2018 has a genuine Mahogany body and neck. The fretboard is torrefied Granadillo, which is known as 'the wood that sings' and although similar in terms of tone to Rosewood it does have a touch more brightness, which balances well with the Mahogany body and unbound neck.
Pickups are Gibson P-90 single coils, which offer a raw, textured tone.
Includes Gibson fitted hardcase.
- Series: Gibson Model Year 2018
- Body Style: Firebird
- Back: Mahogany
- Top: N/A
- Weight Relief: N/A
- Binding: None
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper, Neck Through Body Construction
- Nut Width: 1.695”
- Fingerboard: Torrefied Granadillo
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Number of Frets: 22 - Medium - Cryogenically Treated
- Nut: Tektoid
- Inlay Acrylic: Trapezoid
- Binding: White
- Binding Style: Rolled over Frets
- Bridge: Aluminum Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Black top hats with silver inserts
- Tuners: Mini Grovers
- Plating: Chrome
- Neck Pickup: Mini Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Mini Humbucker
- Controls: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch
- Finishes Available: Ebony
- Case: Hardshell
- Quantity Available: N/A
- SKU: DSFR318EBCH1