Gibson Memphis 2018 ES-335 Big Block Retro, Classic White
Gibson Memphis 2018 ES-335 Big Block Retro Overview by GAK:
The new 2018 Gibson ES-335 "Big Block" is a guitar born to break the rules. Inspired by the American car culture of the 1950's, this guitar captures the individuality that is expressed through the car customization! Not your tradiitional ES-335, the "Big Block" is appointed with unique features fetched from several legendary Gibson ES models. The 3-ply maple body is appointed with vintage slim taper horns and multi-ply ES-345 binding, while the dark rosewood fretboard is fitted with ES-355 mother of pearl full block inlays.
- Body Top, Back & Rims: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Centreblock: Weight-relieved Maple
- Bracing: Quartersawn Adirondack Spruce
- Binding: Multi-ply
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: Quartersawn Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Rounded "C", Rolled Binding
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Full Block
- Nut: Bone
- Frets: Medium Jumbo - 18% Nickel Silver
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- End of Board Width: 2.241"
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 with Titanium Saddles
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stopbar with Locking Studs
- Tuners: Grover 'Milk Bottle' Rotomatics
- Pickguard: 5-ply Cream (C/B/C/B/C)
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Truss Rod Cover: Engraved F Hole
- Neck Pickup: MHS Humbucker Rhythm
- Bridge Pickup: MHS Humbucker Lead
- Controls: MTC Premiere : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with matched 550K potentiometers and orange drop capacitors
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Hardshell
- Other: Certificate of Authenticity, Gibson Strap, Gibson Polish Cloth, Gibson Multi-tool, Gibson Pick Holder