Gibson Memphis 2018 Limited 1961 ES-335, Historic Burst, SN 70563
Gibson Memphis 2018 Limited 1961 ES-335 Overview by GAK:
Beginning in 1960, Gibson looked to slim down the chunky round neck profile on the revolutionary ES-335 of the 1950’s. In 1961, the ES-335 featured a thinner, flatter neck that players immediately appreciated for having a comfortable feel and fast action. The 2018 1961 ES-335 is a historically accurate recreation of the ES-335 that combined 1950’s looks with 1960’s playability. The “Mickey Mouse Ears” body shape, slim taper profile, and dark rosewood fingerboard with pearloid dot inlays ensure that there is no mistaking this guitar’s lineage. Featuring a MTC Historic control assembly and our PAF-style MHS Humbucking pickups for classic Gibson tones. Limited to 100pc worldwide.
- Body: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Centre Block: Silver Leaf Maple
- Bracing: Quarter Sawn Adirondack Spruce
- Binding: Single-ply Tan
- Neck: Quarter Sawn Mahogany
- Neck profile: Slim Taper, Rolled Binding
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Nut: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Finish: VOS Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 with plated brass saddles
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum
- Tuners: Kluson Double Ring Keystone Buttons
- Knobs: Gold Top Hats with Gold Inserts
- Neck pickup: MHS Humbucker Rhythm
- Bridge pickup: MHS Humbucker Lead
- Controls: MTC Historic : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with matched 550K potentiometers and Black Beauty capacitors
- Case: Hardshell