Gibson Memphis 2018 Limited 1963 ES-335 TDC, Sixties Cherry
Gibson Memphis 2018 Limited 1963 ES-335 TDC Overview by GAK:
Although the ES-335 kicked off with the “dot neck” in 1958, many players have always preferred the “block neck” version of the mid ‘60s. This beautifully re-created 1963 ES-335 TDC includes the correct body shape with narrower horns and rolled binding on a dark rosewood fingerboard for a soft playing feel. The MTC Historic control assembly paired with PAF-style MHS Humbucking pickups provides that classic Gibson semi-hollowbody tone. Limited to 100pc worldwide.
- Body: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Centre Block: Silver Leaf Maple
- Bracing: Quarter Sawn Adirondack Spruce
- Binding: Single-ply Tan
- Neck: Quarter Sawn Mahogany
- Neck profile: Mid-60's Taper, Rolled Binding
- Fingerboard: Dark Rosewood
- Inlays: Celluloid Small Block
- Nut: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Finish: VOS Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 with nylon saddles
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum
- Tuners: Kluson Double Ring Keystone Buttons
- Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Inserts
- Neck pickup: MHS Humbucker Rhythm
- Bridge pickup: MHS Humbucker Lead
- Controls: MTC Historic : 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle switch, hand-wired with matched 550K potentiometers and Black Beauty capacitors
- Case: Hardshell