Gibson SG Modern, Trans Black Fade, Left Handed
Gibson SG Modern, Trans Black Fade, Left Handed Overview.
A hugely successful 2019 NAMM show has cemented the fact that Gibson are back in a very big way and here to stay! Taking feedback from players, consumers and retailers they have gone back to their roots and redesigned the range from the ground up to offer you the very best of Gibson. The brand new Gibson Modern Collection is exactly that, no nonsense, no frills, just pure Gibson tone and playability with fantastic build quality.
The new Gibson SG Modern incorporates many contemporary updates that players have embraced and it’s much more than a classic “solid guitar”; it’s a hybrid between an SG and a Les Paul. Shaped and scarfed like a classic SG, the body is crafted with a AA maple top and mahogany back, characteristic of a Les Paul. This combination is renowned for its resonance and sustain. The genuine ebony, 24 fret compound radius fingerboard and asymmetrical, slim taper neck allow fast and silky access to the highest frets. A pair of calibrated BurstBucker Pro Alnico V humbuckers deliver fire power and the push-pull controls allows you to switch between the Gibson humbucker and the single coil P90 sounds, both of which have defined so many genres of music across multiple generations since we invented them. Upscale appointments include genuine mother of pearl inlays, Grover locking Rotomatic tuners, and clear top hat knobs.
Image supplied is for illustrative purposes only.
- Material Mahogany
- Profile Asymmetrical Slim Taper
- Scale Length 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius Compound
- Number Of Frets 22
- Frets Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material Graph Tech
- Nut Width 1.695"
- End of Board Width 2.26"
- Inlays Mother of Pearl Trapezoids
- Body Material Mahogany
- Top AA Figured Maple
- Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Finish Chrome
- Bridge Aluminum Nashville Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece Aluminum Stopbar
- Tuning Machines Grover Locking Rotomatics w/Keystone buttons
- Control Knobs Clear Top Hats
- Switch Tip Black
- Jack Plate Cover Chrome
- Neck Pickup Burstbucker Pro Rhythm
- Bridge Pickup Burstbucker Pro + Lead
- Controls 2 Push/Pull Volumes (Coil-Tap), 2 Tones & Toggle Switch
- Strings .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case Hard Shell Case
- Accessories Includes Gibson Accessory Kit