Gibson USA 2016 SG Special Faded T Worn Cherry
Gibson 2016 SG Special Faded T Worn Cherry overview from GAK
The Gibson 2016 SG Special Faded Traditional is a stripped back version of the traditional SG, offering the same classic build and vintage pickups that give the SG range its revered vintage sound, available in a range of beautiful finishes.
The SG Special Faded T's 'Supreme Tonewood' combination is especially slim, an all mahogany body with a thin mahogany neck topped with rosewood, the same combination found on the classic models all the way back to 1961. Despite the heavy wood combo, the SG Special Faded Traditional is light-weight and highly manoeuvrable due to its thin width.
The SG Special Faded T is fitted with a set of 490R and 490T pickups, giving you that classic vintage sound with an increased mid-range bite. A faster attack makes this guitar suitable for harder rock styles, whilst still providing a vintage smooth sound via knocking back the volume control.
With the same build-quality and time-tested hardware as the legendary SG's of the 1960's and 70's, you can guarantee that the 2016 SG Special Faded Traditional Gibson, will give you that professional vintage sound and high-quality feel of a legendary American-made Gibson guitar.
- Tuners: Traditional tuners
- Neck width: Historic original 1 11/16" neck width
- Nut: Graph Tech nut
- Body: Carved from solid mahogany
- Carrying case: Padded gigbag
- Inlays: Dot fingerboard inlays
- Pickups: 490R and 490T humbuckers
- Fingerboard: Thicker one-piece rosewood fingerboard
- Setup: Comprehensive hand-finished setup
- Finish: Worn satin nitro finish