Gretsch G2420T Streamliner Single Cutaway Hollow Body with Bigsby, Candy Apple Red
Gretsch G2420T Streamliner Single Cutaway Hollow Body with Bigsby, Candy Apple Red Overview.
Big, bold and righteous, the G2420T Streamliner™ Hollow Body Single-Cut with Bigsby® is designed for the modern guitarist who yearns for something beyond the norm. A commanding guitar for powerful players, the G2420T’s modern sonics, updated electronics and authentically elegant style create the latest iteration of That Great Gretsch Sound!™ The secret to the Streamliner’s sound is a new offering from Gretsch—the Broad’Tron™ BT-2S humbucking pickup. Designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection, the high-output Broad’Tron pickup spawns improved definition with tighter bass response for robust lows, pristine highs and a throaty midrange. This sonic power is harnessed and shaped by the traditional control layout—neck and bridge pickup volume controls, a master tone control, master volume control and three-way pickup switching. A fast-playing 12”-radius laurel fingerboard with elegant pearloid Hump Block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets sits atop the white-bound nato neck with a thin “U”-shaped profile—ideal for chord work or firing off hot-rodded riffing. Add some shimmer and expression to your playing with the Bigsby licensed B60 vibrato tailpiece, while the Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with secured laurel base and synthetic bone nut grant amazing tuning stability.
All the classic eye-catching style you’ve come to expect from Gretsch is here—vintage-style black control knobs, enlarged F-holes for increased acoustic projection, elegant aged white binding with upgraded purfling, slick-looking nickel hardware, arched laminated maple construction and three-ply tortoise pickguard. Nearly impossible to put down once you pick it up and start playing, the G2420T is an astounding take on the classic sound and style you’ve come to expect from Gretsch. Available in stunning Candy Apple Red, Golddust and Riviera Blue finishes.
- Collection: Streamliner™
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 11.625” (295mm)
- Lower Bout: 16” (406mm)
- Waist: 9.75” (248mm)
- Neck: Nato, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Hump Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast, Nickel
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
- Bridge: Secured Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B60
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise
- Pickups: Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Bridge),
- Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2.
- Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
- Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Vintage-Style
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Gig Bag (099-6458-000); Hardshell Case (099-2420-000)