Gretsch G2655 Streamliner Centre-Block Junior Double Cutaway, Gunmetal
Gretsch G2655 Streamliner Centre-Block Junior Double Cutaway, Gunmetal Overview.
The exhilarating G2655 Streamliner™ Center Block Jr. Double-Cut with V-Stoptail is designed for three simple things—high gain-friendly performance, slick, easy playability and spectacular style. A sleek music machine, the G2655 cranks out the hits with updated features while staying true to That Great Gretsch Sound!™ that’s been a vital component of rock ‘n’ roll since its inception.
The secret to the Streamliner’s sound is twofold—the Broad’Tron™ BT-2S humbucking pickup and the spruce center block. Designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection, the high-output Broad’Tron pickup spawns improved definition with tighter bass response for robust lows, pristine highs and a throaty midrange. A lightweight spruce center block runs the length of the body, reinforcing the top while eliminating undesirable feedback for volume-friendly performance on modern stages. The Streamliner’s sonic power is harnessed and shaped by the traditional control layout—neck and bridge pickup volume controls, a master tone control, master volume control and three-way pickup switching. A fast-playing 12”-radius laurel fingerboard with elegant pearloid Big Block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets sits atop the white-bound nato neck with a thin “U”-shaped profile—ideal for chord work or fiery riffing. Enjoy rock-solid tuning stability courtesy of the stylish Gretsch V-Stoptail tailpiece, anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and synthetic bone nut.
All the classic eye-catching style you’ve come to expect from Gretsch is here—vintage-style black control knobs, enlarged F-holes for increased acoustic projection, elegant aged white binding with upgraded purfling, slick-looking nickel hardware, three-ply tortoise pickguard and arched laminated maple construction. Easy to play while rocking out thanks to its smaller body, the G2655 is a phenomenal instrument for the modern musician who wants to control the stage and the audience while standing out from the pack.
- Collection: Streamliner™
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.625” (270mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.375” (340 mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219mm)
- Neck: Nato, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast, Nickel
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: V-Stoptail
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise
- Pickups: Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Bridge),
- Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position
- 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
- Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Vintage-Style
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges
This guitar is fantastic. It looks great, plays very well and is such good value.
Early days but a quality guitar, well constructed and good to look at.