Gretsch G2655 Streamliner Centre-Block Junior Double Cutaway, Gunmetal
Gretsch G2655 Streamliner Centre-Block Junior Double Cutaway, Gunmetal Overview.
The exhilarating G2655 Streamliner™ Center Block Jr. Double-Cut with V-Stoptail is designed for three simple things—high gain-friendly performance, slick, easy playability and spectacular style. A sleek music machine, the G2655 cranks out the hits with updated features while staying true to That Great Gretsch Sound!™ that’s been a vital component of rock ‘n’ roll since its inception.
The secret to the Streamliner’s sound is twofold—the Broad’Tron™ BT-2S humbucking pickup and the spruce center block. Designed specifically for the Streamliner Collection, the high-output Broad’Tron pickup spawns improved definition with tighter bass response for robust lows, pristine highs and a throaty midrange. A lightweight spruce center block runs the length of the body, reinforcing the top while eliminating undesirable feedback for volume-friendly performance on modern stages. The Streamliner’s sonic power is harnessed and shaped by the traditional control layout—neck and bridge pickup volume controls, a master tone control, master volume control and three-way pickup switching. A fast-playing 12”-radius laurel fingerboard with elegant pearloid Big Block inlays and 22 medium jumbo frets sits atop the white-bound nato neck with a thin “U”-shaped profile—ideal for chord work or fiery riffing. Enjoy rock-solid tuning stability courtesy of the stylish Gretsch V-Stoptail tailpiece, anchored Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and synthetic bone nut.
All the classic eye-catching style you’ve come to expect from Gretsch is here—vintage-style black control knobs, enlarged F-holes for increased acoustic projection, elegant aged white binding with upgraded purfling, slick-looking nickel hardware, three-ply tortoise pickguard and arched laminated maple construction. Easy to play while rocking out thanks to its smaller body, the G2655 is a phenomenal instrument for the modern musician who wants to control the stage and the audience while standing out from the pack.
- Collection: Streamliner™
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.625” (270mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.375” (340 mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219mm)
- Neck: Nato, Thin “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Die-Cast, Nickel
- Scale Length: 24.75” (629 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: V-Stoptail
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoise
- Pickups: Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Bridge),
- Broad’Tron™ BT-2S (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position
- 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),
- Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Black Vintage-Style
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges
Well made, plays well. Great for the price. Great colour (Gun Metal)
This guitar is fantastic. It looks great, plays very well and is such good value.
Early days but a quality guitar, well constructed and good to look at.