Gretsch G5420T Electromatic Classic Hollow Body, Walnut Stain
Get classic '50s & '60s -inspired Gretsch sound and style with the all-new Electromatic Classic Hollow Body guitars. Crafted with essential Gretsch hollow-body sound, style and playability, these no-nonsense guitars are your next-step Gretsch.
The G5420T Electromatic Classic Hollow Body Single-Cut with Bigsby features a laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, as well as all-new trestle block bracing to help reduce unwanted feedback. By increasing rigidity and contact between the top and back of the body, the new trestle block design also results in the sound having a faster attack with more focus, snap, and increased sustain. Coupled with all-new FT-5E Filter'Tron pickups, this hollow build's voice explodes with huge full-bodied punch, classic chime and enhanced presence, clarity and note definition.
An all-new Classic "C"-shaped maple neck offers a more comfortable playing feel for improved playability and performance, and is topped with a 12"-radius laurel fingerboard.
Alive and resonant, the G5420T also features a versatile upgraded control layout including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-position pickup toggle switch, oversized bound F-holes, multi-ply body binding, smaller late-'50s G6120 bound headstock, vintage-style open-back tuning machines, Graph Tech NuBone nut, pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays, secured Adjusto-Matic bridge and a Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece.
This resplendent instrument comes in standout Airline Silver with black pickguard or in Azure Metallic, Orange Stain and Walnut Stain with silver pickguard. All models feature nickel hardware.
It's the sound of honor itself - play proud.
- All-new FT-5E Filter'Tron pickups
- Laminated maple body with vintage-inspired perimeters and refined arches, and all-new trestle block bracing
- All-new Classic "C"-shaped maple neck featuring a 12"-radius laurel fingerboard with pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays
- Versatile upgraded controls including master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls for bridge and neck and three-position pickup toggle switch
- Oversized bound F holes and multi-ply body binding
- Smaller late-'50s G6120 bound headstock and vintage-style open-back tuning machines
- Graph Tech NuBone nut
- Bigsby B60 vibrato tailpiece
- Adjusto-Matic bridge with secured laurel base
- Available in Airline Silver with black pickguard, or in Azure Metallic, Orange Stain and Walnut Stain with silver pickguard
- Nickel hardware