Gretsch G6120RHH Reverend Horton Heat (Orange Lacquer)
Gretsch G6120RHH Reverend Horton Heat (Orange Lacquer), Overview by GAK
The G6120RHH Reverend Horton Heat model is built to the Rev.'s own specs and rocks a distinctive combination of 1955-style Gretsch® western motifs and 1958-style pickups and controls. Features include TV Jones® Classic pickups, pinned Adjusto-Matic bridge, Sperzel® locking tuners, clear pickguard, "G" body brand, bound oversized f holes, stained maple headstock overlay, multiple aged body bindings and aged fingerboard and headstock binding. Aged vintage wide-block pearloid inlays feature a western motif of cactus, steer heads and fences, and the headstock features pearloid steer head and Gretsch® logo inlays. Vintage-style maple stain nitro lacquer finish.
The Reverend (as both the trio and its guitar-playing frontman Jim Heath were known) built a strong cult following during the '90s through constant touring, manic showmanship, and a twisted sense of humor.
The Reverend's true innovation was updating the psychobilly sound for the modern rock era. His approach featured roaring distorted guitars and rocked as hard as any punk band, with lyrics that were over exaggerated celebrations of sex, drugs, booze, and cars.
True to his name, his live shows often featured mock sermons in the style of a rural revivalist preacher.
Jim Heath chose his band name as an ode to country/rockabilly singer Johnny Horton, who won a 1960 Grammy Award for Best Country & Western Recording with “The Battle of New Orleans.” A card advertising the Reverend Horton Heat appears prominently on a table in the Central Perk coffee shop on an episode of "Friends."
- Body Shape: Nashville®
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Sides: Laminated Maple Sides
- Body Top: Laminated Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars, Trestle Bracing
- F Holes Sound Holes: Bound Oversized F-Holes
- Body Depth: 2.75" (69.85 mm)
- Body Width Upper Bout: 16" (40.64 cm)
- Body Binding: Multiple Body Bindings
- Number of Frets: 22
- Position Inlays: Western Block Inlay Position Markers of Cactus, Steerheads & Fences
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" Radius (305 mm)
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Neck Material: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.6" (62.5 cm)
- Headstock: Inlaid Pearloid Steerhead and Gretsch Logo on Headstock
- Neck Binding: Bound Fingerboard
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Classic Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Classic Neck Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1.(Neck Pickup), Volume 2.(Bridge Pickup), Master Volume.
- Hardware Finish: Nickel-Plated
- Bridge: Pinned Rosewood-Based Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge
- Bridge Cover: Bigsby® B6CBDE Vibrato Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Sperzel® Locking Tuners
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Switch Tips: Black Switch Tip
- Tremolo Arm Handle: 1956 Style Bigsby® Flat Handle
- Auxiliary Switching: 3-Position Master Tone Switch: Position 1. Medium Level, High Frequency Roll Off. Position 2. Switch Out of Circuit, Pickup Wide Open. Position 3. Slight Level, High Frequency Roll Off
- Unique Features: Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish, Aged Vintage Western Block Inlay Position Markers of Cactus, Steerheads and Fences, Routed "G" Brand on the Body, Aged Fingerboard and Headstock Binding, Multiple Aged Body Bindings, Stained Curly Maple Headstock Overlay, Inlaid Pearloid Steerhead and Gretsch Logo on Headstock, Bound Oversized F-Holes, Clear Plexi Pickguard with Embossed "Gretsch", Polished Aluminum Bigsby®, G-Arrow Control Knobs, Knurled Strap Retainer Knobs, Adjustable Truss Rod
- Case Gig Bags: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Control Knobs: "G" Arrow Knobs