Gretsch G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins
G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins Hollow Body with Bigsby, TV Jones, Vintage Orange Stain Lacquer Overview by GAK
A blast from the classic era of Gretsch’s storied past, the G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins Hollow Body with Bigsby revisits this historic model. Packed with astounding tone, comfortable feel and elegantly slick style, this instrument is ready to stand by your side onstage or in the studio, bringing out the best in your music and your playing. As refined or raw as you need it to be, this guitar will be an invaluable center-point of your sonic arsenal.
A pair of the ever popular TV Jones Classic pickups creates high-quality tone with plenty of dynamics and articulation on tap. Traditional Gretsch controls, including dedicated volume controls for both the neck and bridge pickups, master volume and the classic three-position tone switch, allow you to blend and shape the pickups’ sound, creating countless tonal variations. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors provide an incredibly silky high end. The vintage “V”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets for a classic playing experience that works with all musical styles. 1959 trestle bracing connects the top and back of this guitar for authentic, snappy vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in tandem with the Bigsby B6CVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the vintage-style genuine bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
Designed for pure tone and slick, comfortable playing feel, this guitar features the classic aesthetics true Gretsch fans love—nickel “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, durable gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and nickel Grover Sta-tite™ tuning machines. Elegant style and refined sound combine to make the G6120T-59 Vintage Select Edition '59 Chet Atkins Hollow Body with Bigsby a Gretsch aficionado’s dream guitar.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Series Gretsch® Professional Collection
- Family Nashville® / G6120
- Color Vintage Orange Stain Lacquer
- Build Hollow Body
- Cutaway Single Cutaway
- Body Laminated Maple
- Body Shape Nashville® / G6120
- Bracing 1959 Style Trestle
- Body Binding Aged White with Black Purfling
- Body Back Laminated Maple
- Body Top Laminated Maple
- Body Depth 2.75" (70 mm)
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape Vintage "V"
- Neck Binding Aged White
- Scale Length 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Fret Size Vintage-Style Small
- Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays Aged Pearloid Neo-Classic™ "Thumbnail"
- Headstock Late '50s Gretsch
- Bridge Pickup TV Jones® Classic
- Neck Pickup TV Jones® Classic
- Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration FT/FT
- Bridge Rocking Bar with Pinned Rosewood Base
- Tuning Machines Grover® V98 Sta-Tite™ Open-Back
- Pickguard Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs G-Arrow
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Included Accessories Included: 099-6411-000 G6241 16" Deluxe Hollow Body Hardshell Case, Black
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year