Gretsch G6120T-BSSMK Brian Setzer Signature '59, Smoke Orange Lacquer Finish
Gretsch G6120T-BSSMK Brian Setzer Signature '59, Smoke Orange Lacquer Finish Overview.Without a doubt, Brian Setzer is one of the most exciting and impressive musicians of our time. He created a remarkable and lasting legacy — from spear-heading the rockabilly revival with the Stray Cats and jump-starting Big Band Swing with the Brian Setzer Orchestra. Throughout his decorated and storied career, he has sold over 13 million records, won three Grammy awards and received the Orville H. Gibson Lifetime Achievement Award for his work as a guitarist.
Honoring a pivotal rock ‘n’ roll legend, the G6120T-BSSMK Brian Setzer Signature Nashville® Hollow Body ’59 “Smoke” with Bigsby® is a recreation of Brian’s main stage guitar since retiring the famed ‘Stray Cat.’ A pain-staking homage to one of Brian’s most treasured guitars, Smoke delivers vintage ’59 vibe with powerhouse performance.
Period-correct details abound including the ’59 headstock shape and logo, pickguard shape, size, and bracket, volume, tone and switch locations and a beautifully rich “Smoke Orange” semi-gloss lacquer finish.
Beneath its vintage cloak however, Smoke is a true workhorse with features accumulated over a prolific span of Brian’s career. Stage-veteran specs include a single-cutaway hollow body with arched laminated maple top, 1959 trestle bracing and oversized F-holes for improved sonic projection. The maple neck has a 9.5”-12” compound radius ebony fingerboard and a vintage ‘V’ neck shape for comfortable chording or lightning leads. The rolled fingerboard and body edges couple with the semi-gloss finish to create an unparalleled broken-in feel found only in the prized G6120s from the 1950s.
Dual TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity pickups provide timeless tone with excellent bass response and shimmering Filter’Tron™ sparkle. For complete roadworthy stability, Smoke is equipped with an Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with pinned rosewood base, Bigsby® B6CGH vibrato tailpiece, Delrin® nut and Gotoh® locking tuning machines.
- Edition: Artist Signature
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss Lacquer
- Upper Bout: 11.563” (294 mm)
- Lower Bout: 16” (406 mm)
- Waist: 9.5” (241mm)
- Neck: Maple, Vintage “V”
- Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 9.5” - 12” Compound Radius (241mm-305mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Delrin®, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6CGH
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi Pickguard with Artist Signature and Gretsch® Logo
- Pickups: TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity (Bridge), TV Jones® Ray Butts
- Ful-Fidelity (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup; 3-Position Tone Switch
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: Included G6241 Deluxe Hardshell Case
I've had gibson and fender custom shop but this is the best guitar I've ever had and I've had a few!!