Gretsch G6120TG Players Edition Nashville, Orange Stain
Gretsch G6120TG Players Edition Nashville, Orange Stain
Overview by GAK
One of the all-time hollowbody legends has been given a major update. The Gretsch G6120TG Players Edition gives you the best of both worlds - authentic vintage tone with modern, performance-oriented features such as Gotoh locking tuners, Grover strap locks and Luminlay side dots. There’s a reason why the Gretsch 6120 was favoured by legend players such as Eddie Cochran, Chet Atkins and Brian Setzer.
Maple is a staple Gretsch tonewood due to its lively attack, crisp note articulation and lengthy sustain. This tonewood is core to the quintessential Gretsch sound, which is why the G6120TG Players Edition Nashville’s arched hollow body and solid neck are crafted from it.
Bold Hollowbody Tone
The Gretsch G6120TG Players Edition Nashville features innovative “ML” bracing to deliver a big hollow-body sound from the agile 2.5”-deep Maple body. The mainly Maple construction caters for the trademark snappy, open tone that Gretsch guitars are praised for.
A pair of improved FT-67 Filter’Tron humbuckers are on hand to amplify the G6120TG’s sweet natural voice. These versatile pickups are adept at a wide range of styles, from frenetic rockabilly riffage to raw blues rhythms to elegant jazz soloing. Sonically, the FT-67 Filter’Tron humbuckers have a pristine quality, with warm lows, silky mids and glassy highs. When it comes to pickups, there’s nothing like the crispness and clarity of a Gretsch Filter’Tron.
A rugged three-way toggle switch allows you to quickly change between pickups during a performance. Each pickup features its own volume control, which gives you a wide range of tonal possibilities. For example, you could set the neck to a lower volume for rhythms then change to a full-tilt bridge when you want to emphasise a solo. You can also use the separate volumes to create a lovely blend of the warm neck and bright bridge when in the middle position. Once you’ve got your volumes set up, you can use the handy master volume control to clean up your sound and retain the balance between your pickups.
Gretsch’s “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors are a key part of the Gretsch G6120TG Players Edition Nashville’s silky vintage tone and taper. Other upgrades include an all-new Treble Bleed circuit, which preserves your top-end chime as you roll the master volume down, whilst the master tone knob is outfitted with a no-load pot.
Effortless playability is provided by the Maple neck, which features a Standard “U” profile and a slinky 24.6" scale length. This neck shape has a robust, comfortable hand feel that’s reminiscent of a '50s Fender Telecaster. If you love how those old Fenders play, you’ll be all over the G6120TG Players Edition Nashville’s neck.
The neck is paired with a buttery-smooth Ebony fretboard, which features luxurious rolled edges, a 12" radius and 22 Medium Jumbo frets. This fretboard has a fluid response that feels excellent when chording & playing lead lines.
Rounding out the Gretsch G6120TG Players Edition Nashville’s impressive feature-set are the premium hardware and vintage-style appointments.
A highlight is the Bigsby B6GP vibrato tailpiece, which works alongside the golden Gotoh locking tuning machines, Adjusto-Matic bridge and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut to provide exceptional tuning stability - exactly what you’d expect from a finely-tuned, professional instrument. The sturdy Grover Strap Locks keep your strap secure in the midst of an intense performance.
An advantage of the Gretsch G6120TG’s Bigsby is its string-through design, which makes changing strings a lot quicker and easier. Plus, it enhances sustain by promoting vibration transfer. This Bigsby bridge has a fluid action and is perfect for injecting subtle vibrato or expressive warbles into your playing.
The eye-catching Orange Stain finish and gold plexi pickguard (with Nashville post sign) are complemented by luxurious appointments such as gold G-arrow control knobs, white body binding, pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays and F-Holes. It’s a look that encapsulates the refined appeal of an old-school Gretsch.
The Gretsch G6120TG Players Edition Nashville strikes a perfect balance between classic and contemporary. If you’re looking for a versatile hollow body with bags of classic charm, a bold sound and modern workhorse reliability, you can’t go wrong with the Gretsch G6120TG Players Edition Nashville.
- Color: Orange Stain
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Series: Professional Collection
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Headstock Binding: White
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Side Dots: Luminlay®
- String Nut: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Binding: White with B/W/B Purfling
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Shape: Nashville® / G6120
- Body Style: Gretsch® Hollow Body Guitars
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Bracing: ML Bracing
- Cutaway: Single Cutaway
- Sound Hole: F-Holes, Bound
- Waist: 9.5" (241mm)
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned Ebony Base
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6GP String-Thru
- Bridge Mounting: Pinned
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch® Logo and Nashville Post Sign
- Pickup Covers: Gold
- Strap Buttons: Grover® Strap Locks
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Bridge Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume w/ Treble Bleed, Master Tone w/ No-Load Pot
- Neck Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Body Depth: 2.5" (63.5 mm)
- Dimensions: 8.60x20.80x49.00 IN
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Lower Bout: 16" (406 mm)
- Upper Bout: 11.563" (294 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)