Gretsch Country Gentlemen G6122T-62 Walnut Stain
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Gretsch G6122T-62 Vintage Select '62 Chet Atkins Country Gentleman with Bigsby Overview by GAKMade famous by The Beatles’ George Harrison, the 1962 Country Gentleman is the sound of rock ‘n’ roll. The G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® has the unmistakable sound and style that marked the beginning of a musical invasion. Sonically, this guitar is ready to tear it up with flexible tone that fits any musical situation.
A pair of TV Jones® Classic pickups responds to every pick stroke or strum with refined, articulate tone. Traditional Gretsch controls—including per-pickup volume controls, master volume, a three-way tone switch—allow you to create countless tonal variations for a personalized tone. The new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 frets and zero-fret for a memorable playing experience that works with any style. The sealed body with simulated F Holes minimizes feedback while providing for authentically vintage tone. A pinned “rocking” bar bridge reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the bone nut lets the strings slide freely without binding in the slots.
A true rock ‘n’ roll classic, this guitar features the appointments that made this guitar a legend—dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, laminated 3-ply maple top with simulated F Holes, gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover® Imperial™ tuning machines. A distinguished instrument from the earliest days of the British Invasion, the G6122T-62 Vintage Select Edition '62 Chet Atkins® Country Gentleman® Hollow Body with Bigsby® is the guitar that laid down the foundation of rock as we know it.
- Build: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Double Cutaway
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman®
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top :Laminated 3-Ply Maple with Simulated F-Holes
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Graph Tech® TUSQ XL
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Neo-Classic™ "Thumbnail"
- Headstock: Late '50s Gretsch
- Bridge Pickup: High Sensitive Filter'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: High Sensitive Filter'Tron™
- -Volume 1. (Neck Pickup)
- -Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- -Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Rocking Bar with Pinned Ebony Base
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Included Accessories: G6242L Deluxe Case