Gretsch G6129T-89VS Vintage Select '89 Sparkle Jet with Bigsby, Gold Sparkle
The Gretsch G6129T-89VS Vintage Select ‘89 Sparkle Jet takes inspiration from the late-80’s design that was popular with musicians from the Pacific Northwest grunge scene in the early ‘’90s.
This model features a chambered mahogany body which produces a lively and articulate tone while also improving richness. The maple neck is in a ‘U’-shape topped with a 22-fret rosewood fretboard, and there’s also an Adjusto-matic bridge with pinned rosewood and a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece which lets you bend the pitch of notes, and chords, with your picking hand for a range of effects, and Gotoh die-cast tuning machines.
For pickups, the bridge has TV Jones ‘TV Classic Plus’ pickup, and the neck has a TV Jones ‘TV Classic’ pickup, replicating the sound of vintage Gretsch guitars with independent volume controls for each pickup, letting you find the exact sound you want.
The look is completed with nickel hardware, pearloid hump block inlays, G-Arrow knobs, silver plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo, and a stand-out Gold Sparkle finish.
Our all-new G6129T-89VS Vintage Select ’89 Sparkle Jet™ with Bigsby® pays homage to a classic late-’80s design that rocked the forefront of the Pacific Northwest grunge movement that overtook the music world in the early 1990s.
Delivering signature solid-body power and punch, the G6129T-89VS features period-correct chambered mahogany construction, which magnifies harmonic richness by letting air resonate between the top and body for livelier and more articulate tone. TV Jones® TV Classic™ Plus bridge and TV Jones TV Classic neck pickups replicate that unmistakable vintage Filter’Tron™ sound to fabulous sonic effect, and can be intuitively commanded using a versatile control layout featuring master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-way pickup toggle switch.
Other features include a maple set neck, 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard with pearloid Hump Block inlays, bone nut, G-arrow knobs, Bigsby® vibrato tailpiece, Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with pinned rosewood base and Gotoh® tuners.
This grunge-era beauty comes in Gold Sparkle or Silver Sparkle finishes with silver pickguard, nickel hardware and late-’80s black headstock with Gretsch logo and horseshoe inlay.
- Upper Bout:10.5” (267 mm)
- Lower Bout:13.5” (343 mm)
- Waist:8.625” (219.08 mm)
- Neck:Maple, Standard “U”Neck Finish:Gloss
- Fingerboard:Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets:22, Medium JumboPosition
- Inlays:Pearloid Hump Block
- Nut (Material/Width):Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines:Gotoh® Die-CastScale Length:24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge:Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned Rosewood
- BaseTailpiece:Bigsby® B3C Vibrato Tailpiece with Gretsch®
- LogoPickguard:Silver Plexi with Silver Gretsch®
- LogoPickups:TV Jones® TV Classic™ Plus (Bridge)TV Jones® TV
- Classic™ (Neck)Pickup Switching:3-Position Toggle: Position
- 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck PickupControls:Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master ToneControl Knobs:G-ArrowHardware Color:NickelStrings:Nickel Plated
- Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Included G6238 Gretsch® Deluxe Solid Body Hardshell (p/n 099-6410-000); Optional G2164 Gretsch® Solid Body Gig Bag (p/n 099-6460-000)