Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon, White
Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon, White
Overview by GAK
One of the all-time hollowbody legends has been given a major update. The Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon gives you the best of both - authentic vintage tone and looks with modern, performance-oriented features that make it an asset on stage or in the studio.
Maple is a staple Gretsch tonewood due to its lively attack, crisp note articulation and lengthy sustain. This particular tonewood is a key part of the quintessential Gretsch sound, which is why the G6136TG Players Edition Tennessee Rose’s arched single-cutaway body and solid neck are crafted from it.
Bold Hollowbody Tone
The Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon features innovative “ML” bracing to deliver a full-bodied White Falcon-esque sound from the slender 2.5”-deep Maple body - without the feedback. This gives you a lot more freedom to move onstage compared to other hollow body types. The mainly Maple construction caters for the trademark snappy, open tone that Gretsch guitars are praised for.
A pair of new-and-improved FT-67 Filter’Tron humbuckers are on hand to amplify the G6136TG’s sweet natural voice. These versatile pickups are adept at a wide range of styles, from frenetic rockabilly riffage to raw blues rhythms to elegant jazz soloing. Sonically, the FT-67 Filter’Tron humbuckers have a pristine quality, with warm lows, silky mids and glassy highs. When it comes to pickups, there’s nothing like the jangle and clarity of a Gretsch Filter’Tron pickup.
A rugged three-way toggle switch allows you to quickly change between pickups during a performance. Each pickup features its own volume control, which gives you a wide range of tonal possibilities. For example, you could set the neck to a lower volume for rhythms then change to a full-tilt bridge when you want to emphasise a solo. You can also use the separate volumes to create a lovely blend of the warm neck and bright bridge when in the middle position. Once you’ve got your volumes set up, you can use the handy master volume control to clean up your sound and retain the balance between your pickups.
Gretsch’s “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors enhance the G6136TG Players Edition Falcon’s silky vintage tone and taper. Other upgrades include an all-new Treble Bleed circuit, which preserves your top-end chime as you roll the master volume down, whilst the master tone knob is outfitted with a no-load pot. If you’re playing through a rig with a lot of pedals or long cable runs, a no-load tone pot can help you retain your high-end sparkle.
Effortless playability is provided by the Maple neck, which features a Standard “U” profile and a slinky 24.6" scale length. This neck shape has a robust, comfortable hand feel that’s reminiscent of a '50s Fender Telecaster. If you love how those old Fenders play, you’ll be all over the G6136TG Players Edition Falcon’s neck.
The neck is paired with a buttery-smooth Ebony fretboard, which features luxurious rolled edges, a 12" radius and 22 Medium Jumbo frets. This fretboard has a fluid response that feels excellent when chording & playing lead lines.
Rounding out the Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon’s impressive feature-set are the premium gold hardware and vintage-style appointments.
A highlight is the Bigsby B6GP vibrato tailpiece, which works with the Gotoh Imperial locking tuning machines, Adjusto-Matic bridge and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut to provide exceptional tuning stability, even after intense use of the Bigsby. It’s exactly what you’d expect from a finely-tuned, professional instrument such as this. The sturdy Grover Strap Locks keep your strap secure in the midst of an intense performance whilst the Luminaly side dots keep you on track when playing on dark stages.
An advantage of the Gretsch G6136TG’s Bigsby is its string-through design, which makes changing strings a lot quicker and easier. Plus, it enhances sustain by promoting vibration transfer. This Bigsby bridge has a fluid action and is perfect for when you want to inject subtle vibrato or expressive warbles into your playing.
The stunning Walnut Stain gloss urethane finish and gold plexi pickguard (with iconic Falcon logo) are complemented by jewelled G-arrow control knobs, gold sparkle binding and pearloid Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays. There’s no doubt that this Falcon has a classy, sophisticated look that embodies the refined appeal of an old-school Gretsch.
The Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon strikes a perfect balance between classic and contemporary. If you’re looking for a versatile hollow body with bags of classic charm, a bold sound and modern workhorse reliability, you can’t go wrong with the Gretsch G6136TG Players Edition Falcon.
- Color: White
- Country Of Origin: JP
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Series: Professional Collection
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Headstock Binding: Gold Sparkle with W/B/W Purfling
- Neck Construction: Set-Neck
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Side Dots: Luminlay®
- String Nut: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Binding: Gold Sparkle with W/B/W/B Purfling
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Shape: Falcon™
- Body Style: Gretsch® Hollow Body Guitars
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Bracing: ML Bracing
- Cutaway: Single Cutaway
- Sound Hole: F-Holes, Bound
- Waist: 10.375" (263.52 mm)
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned Ebony Base
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Bigsby® B6GP String-Thru
- Bridge Mounting: Pinned
- Control Knobs: Jeweled G-Arrow
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Gold Gretsch® Logo and Black Falcon™ Graphic
- Pickup Covers: Gold
- Strap Buttons: Grover® Strap Locks
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.011-.049 Gauges)
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ Locking
- Bridge Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume w/ Treble Bleed, Master Tone w/ No-Load Pot
- Neck Pickup: FT-67 Filter’Tron™
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck
- Body Depth: 2.5" (63.5 mm)
- Dimensions: 8.50x20.70x49.00 IN
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Lower Bout: 17" (432 mm)
- Upper Bout: 12.125" (308mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)