Gretsch G7593T Billy Duffy Signature Falcon with Bigsby, White Lacquer
Gretsch G7593T Billy Duffy Signature Falcon with Bigsby Overview by GAK:
Billy Duffy is not afraid to make a statement, and few things make a bolder statement than Duffy wielding his Gretsch® White Falcon under the stage lights with British rock legends The Cult. Duffy burst out of London’s early '80s post-punk scene in Theatre of Hate before meeting Ian Astbury and forming one of rock 'n' roll’s most powerful, unique and long-lasting duos—The Cult. Duffy's combination of thick power chords steeped in rich chorused delay, melodic Morricone-inspired lead phrases and filthy feedback-laden solos created an unparalleled sound larger than most venues could contain.
The Cult’s first two albums, Dreamtime and Love, solidified their place among the pre-"alternative" elite, with the latter album featuring what would become their most popular single, "She Sells Sanctuary", which remains a global staple on rock radio twenty years on and was featured on a 2012 Super Bowl advertisement in the States. Every track on those iconic albums exclusively featured his Gretsch White Falcon, and Duffy has made a point to include it on every subsequent album, most notably the chart-topping Electric and Sonic Temple, and their most recent critically acclaimed release Choice of Weapon.
It is with great pleasure that Gretsch is releasing the G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon guitar, which has immediately become one of the most unique and bewitching White Falcon guitars ever made. Featuring much of what Falcon fans hold dear, Duffy's inimitable guitar has several unique aesthetic differences separating it from the rest of the "Falcon" flock—its period-correct '70s Baldwin-era styling, loss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, V-shaped Falcon headstock, Silver Sparkle binding, custom wound hot “Black Top” Filter'Tron humbucking pickups with three-point adjustable '70s-style metal bezels and Duffy's preferred Bigsby tailpiece.
In addition, Duffy's signature bird of prey features a 17" wide, 2 ¾" deep single-cutaway three-ply maple body with a three-ply maple arched top and back and two spruce parallel tone bars and sound post, a three-piece maple/walnut/maple neck with ebony fingerboard, a chrome-plated truss rod cover with Duffy's signature emblazoned on it, a chrome-plated output jack plate, pearloid wide-block fretboard inlays, '70s-style aluminum "G-Arrow" knobs and a premium gray speckled "Billy Duffy" case. The Gretsch G7593T Billy Duffy Falcon guitar is the tool inspired, designed and built to deliver the ultimate statement of rock 'n' roll nirvana.
- Body Shape: Falcon™
- Bracing: Parallel Spruce Tone Bars with Sound Post
- Body Back & Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Depth: 2.75" (70 mm)
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck: 3-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22 (Plus Zero Fret)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.71" (43.4mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Big Block
- Headstock: Falcon™ Style
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Wound Blacktop™ Filter'Tron™
- Neck Pickup: Custom Wound Blacktop™ Filter'Tron™
- -Volume 1. (Neck Pickup)
- -Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- -Master Volume.
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned '70s Style Ebony Base
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Imperial™ with Butter-Bean Buttons
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Unique Features:
- -Chrome Plated Truss Rod Cover with Billy Duffy Signature
- -Chrome Output Jack Plate
- -Pearloid Wide-Block Position Inlays
- -'70s Style Aluminum "G" Arrow Knobs
- -Premium Gray Speckled Billy Duffy Case
- Included: G6242L Deluxe Hardshell Case