Gretsch G9240 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck Resonator Chieftain Red
Gretsch G9240 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck Resonator Chieftain Red Overview by GAK
The miracle of volume! When you play chunk rhythm, finger-style, bottleneck or anything else, the all-mahogany deluxe-appointed G9240 Alligator Biscuit Roundneck resonator guitar projects its distinctively swampy tones all the way to the back door of any dance hall. Like all fine Gretsch resonator guitars, the vital feature of the G9240 is the all-new Gretsch "Ampli-Sonic" diaphragm (resonator cone). Hand-spun in Eastern Europe from nearly 99-percent pure aluminum, the Ampli-Sonic diaphragm yields an impressive quality and volume of tone.
- Body Material: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Shape: Non-Cutaway
- Body Finish: Semi-Gloss Vintage Sunburst
- Bracing: Internal Sound-Well
- Purfling: Black/White
- F Holes Sound Holes: "F" Holes
- Body Depth: 3.5" (8.8 cm)
- Body Length: 18 7/8"
- Body Width Upper Bout: 9 7/8"
- Body Width Lower Bout: 14 1/8"
- Body Binding: Aged White/Black/White
- Neck Shape: Medium "V"
- Number of Frets: 19 (12 to Body)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid .25"
- Fingerboard Radius: 15.75" (400 mm)
- Fretboard: Padauk
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Semi-Gloss Vintage Sunburst
- Nut Width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Scale Length: 25" (635 mm)
- Headstock: 1930's Gretsch® 3x3
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Truss Rods: Double-Action Headstock Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Hardware Finish: Nickel-Plated
- Bridge: Biscuit - Hard Maple with Ebony/Maple Saddle
- Bridge Cover: Weathered
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Sta-Tite™
- String Nut: Bone
- Strings: D'Addario® EJ16 Phosphor Bronze, Light (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Gretsch® Ampli-Sonic™ Biscuit Resonator Cone; Weathered Poinsettia Cone Cover and Trapeze Tailpiece.
No upgrades available