Hamstead Soundworks Artist 20+RT MkII Head, Cream
Orange CS50H Custom Shop 50W Head £1,969.00
Orange RK50H MKIII Rockerverb 50W Head, Orange £1,639.00
Orange RK100H MKIII Rockerverb 100W Head, Orange £1,749.00
Orange DD50 Dual Dark 50W Head £1,725.00
Orange DD100 Dual Dark 100W Head £1,845.00
Mesa Boogie Mark Five 25 Valve Head £1,899.00
Engl E610 Savage 120 Head £1,799.00
Engl E656 Steve Morse Signature Head £1,929.00
EVH 5150 III 100W Head (Black) £1,967.00
Mesa Boogie Stereo 2:Fifty £1,650.00
Engl E646 Victor Smolski Special Edition Head £1,709.00
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 Plus 25W Valve Head £1,749.00
Hamstead Soundworks Artist 20+RT MkII Head Overview by GAK:The Hamstead Artist 20 has been designed from the ground up to encompass maximum tonal versatility, without compromising on tonal quality. Delivering everything from shimmering cleans to warm, natural, harmonically rich overdriven tones. It's powerful, portable, and it loves pedals and guitars of all types. Built without compromise in the UK it is destined to become a modern classic!
From the warmest of mellow jazz through sparkling country cleans, to mean, gritty blues and classic rock grind, this amplifier has it covered. All with a depth, clarity and feel that allows the personality of the player and guitar to really shine through – perfect too, for all your favourite pedals & effects. The Artist 20 also features a 'Voice' switch that adds presence and bite to the upper midrange, and Bright switch that adds a touch of brilliance to the top end.
The Artist 20+RT includes Hamstead's signature Reverb and Tremolo circuits. The Reverb has depth and tone controls, allowing it to suit different styles of music, guitars and venues. The Tremolo has depth and speed controls, using analogue control of the signal to give a smooth, even sweep at any speed. Both are switchable on the front panel or using the included footswitch.
Don't be fooled by the 20 watt power rating, you’ll believe it's 40, maybe more, when turned all the way up (with barely any background noise) – but you can still tame it, and the Triode mode will drop the output down to 12 watts. Wind the Master down more, and all the touch sensitivity and nuance is retained down to almost whisper levels – perfect for stage, studio, or practice.
This MkII version has a few additional features over and above the original MkI which further increase flexibility:
• Amps now feature a ‘Bright’ switch on the control panel. When engaged, this adds a touch of top end brilliance to the tone - especially useful with some guitars equipped with humbucker pickups.
• On the back you will now find a ‘Voice’ Level switch. There are now 3 presets allowing you to choose the amount of mid-upper boost. Choose from: 2dB, 3.5dB and 5dB.
• Also on the back is a ‘Clean Gain’ switch. The new ‘Lo’ setting lowers the preamp gain, giving you more clean headroom.
Every aspect of the Artist Series’ construction is of the highest quality. From the eyeleted epoxy glass boards, to the thick aluminium chassis and British made custom wound transformers, the Artist series is nothing short of world class, marrying classic and contemporary design and manufacturing techniques. All amps come with a 5 year warranty as standard.
- Controls: Gain, Bass, Treble, Reverb Depth, Reverb Tone, Tremolo Depth, Tremolo Speed, Master Volume
- Pentode/Triode: 20 Watts / 12 Watts
- Inputs: 2 - Lo & Hi
- Output: 2 x EL34 Class AB
- Preamp: 3 x ECC83 (12AX7)
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 Ohm
- FX: Line Level Series FX Loop
- Reverb: Long Spring Delay
- Footswitch: Includes 4 Way Footswitch
- Construction: Marine-Grade Birch Ply
- Dimensions: 32.5 x 58 x 27 cm (Inc. Feet & Handle)
- Weight: 15.6 kg
- Line Voltage: 230v or 115v (Switchable)
- Warranty: 5 Years (Excludes Speaker & Valves)