Hamstead Soundworks Artist 20+RT MkII 20W 1x12 Combo, Red Wine, Special Order
Seen it cheaper or need more info?Call Us Now!
Hamstead Soundworks Artist 20+RT MkII 1x12" Combo Overview by GAK:
Custom colour Artist 20 combo in an extremely classy 'Red Wine' tolex. The Hamstead Artist 20 has been designed from the ground up to encompass maximum tonal versatility, without compromising on tonal quality. Delivering everything from shimmering cleans to warm, natural, harmonically rich overdriven tones. It's powerful, portable, and it loves pedals and guitars of all types. Built without compromise in the UK it is destined to become a modern classic!
From the warmest of mellow jazz through sparkling country cleans, to mean, gritty blues and classic rock grind, this amplifier has it covered. All with a depth, clarity and feel that allows the personality of the player and guitar to really shine through – perfect too, for all your favourite pedals & effects. The Artist 20 also features a 'Voice' switch that adds presence and bite to the upper midrange, and Bright switch that adds a touch of brilliance to the top end.
The Artist 20+RT includes Hamstead's signature Reverb and Tremolo circuits. The Reverb has depth and tone controls, allowing it to suit different styles of music, guitars and venues. The Tremolo has depth and speed controls, using analogue control of the signal to give a smooth, even sweep at any speed. Both are switchable on the front panel or using the included footswitch.
Don't be fooled by the 20 watt power rating, you’ll believe it's 40, maybe more, when turned all the way up (with barely any background noise) – but you can still tame it, and the Triode mode will drop the output down to 12 watts. Wind the Master down more, and all the touch sensitivity and nuance is retained down to almost whisper levels – perfect for stage, studio, or practice. The driver is Celestion's UK made 12” Celestion Creamback G12M-65 which offers classic G12M tonality with increased power handling.
This MkII version has a few additional features over and above the original MkI which further increase flexibility:
• Amps now feature a ‘Bright’ switch on the control panel. When engaged, this adds a touch of top end brilliance to the tone - especially useful with some guitars equipped with humbucker pickups.
• On the back you will now find a ‘Voice’ Level switch. There are now 3 presets allowing you to choose the amount of mid-upper boost. Choose from: 2dB, 3.5dB and 5dB.
• Also on the back is a ‘Clean Gain’ switch. The new ‘Lo’ setting lowers the preamp gain, giving you more clean headroom.
Every aspect of the Artist Series’ construction is of the highest quality. From the eyeleted epoxy glass boards, to the thick aluminium chassis and British made custom wound transformers, the Artist series is nothing short of world class, marrying classic and contemporary design and manufacturing techniques. All amps come with a 5 year warranty as standard.
- Controls: Gain, Bass, Treble, Reverb Depth, Reverb Tone, Tremolo Depth, Tremolo Speed, Master Volume
- Pentode/Triode: 20 Watts / 12 Watts
- Inputs: 2 - Lo & Hi
- Output: 2 x EL34 Class AB
- Preamp: 3 x ECC83 (12AX7)
- Speaker: 12” Celestion Creamback G12M-65 16 Ohm
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x 8 ohm, 1 x 16 Ohm
- FX: Line Level Series FX Loop
- Reverb: Long Spring Delay
- Footswitch: Includes 4 Way Footswitch
- Construction: Marine-Grade Birch Ply
- Dimensions: 55 x 58 x 27 cm (Inc. Feet & Handle)
- Weight (Combo): 22.8 kg
- Line Voltage: 230v or 115v (Switchable)
- Warranty: 5 Years (Excludes Speaker & Valves)