Hotone MP-100 Ampero Amp Modeller & Effects Processor
The Hotone Ampero amp modeler & effects processor is a game changer. It’s heart pounding amp modeling and uber quality effects are powered by the new-gen CDCM HD (Comprehensive Dynamic Circuit Modeling High Definition) and F.I.R.E. (Field Impulse Response Enhancement) system, bringing you the absolute best the world has to offer. Packaged in a cool, thin case with a 4-inch hi-def color touch screen, Ampero delivers all the real sounds of rock past and present.
Driving Ampero is Hotone’s innovative CDCM HD (Comprehensive Dynamic Circuit Modeling High Definition) and F.I.R.E. (Field Impulse Response Enhancement) system. Built on Hotone’s powerful XTOMP platform, acclaimed Binary series, and breakthrough VStomp Amp virtual plugin, the new-gen CDCM HD & F.I.R.E. system showcases Hotone’s new high-shelf circuit modeling methods.
Mainstream modeling methods are generally based on static state circuitry modeling or “black box” theory, which just “come close” to the modeled sound. CDCM HD & F.I.R.E. employs a complex system based on dynamic feature modeling. In this matrix, the technology “rebuilds” the entire circuitry using modeled electronic components, resulting in a tone that is vivid, accurate and expressive. More than that, the new system enhances the relationship between amps and PA systems, delivering a realistic feel and response you’ve never before experienced on digital gear.
- Compact, easy-to-use amp modeler & effects processor
- New-gen CDCM & F.I.R.E. modeling system ensures high end tonal expressiveness and realistic playing experience
- Powerful, upgraded dual DSP-powered platform ensures excellent sound quality
- 24-bit signal processing, up to 120dB S/N ratio
- 4-inch 800 x 480 sharp color touch screen with instant control
- 18V DC high voltage power supply for huge dynamic range
- USB port for firmware upgrading, loading/editing/managing effects/IRs via free Mac/PC software or for use as an USB audio interface
- 242 effects based on stunning XTOMP effects library
- CDCM HD & F.I.R.E. modeling effects including:
- -64 amp models
- -60 cab models
- -100+ legendary pedal models
- -Next-gen mic position and microphone type simulations
- -User custom IR loader with 3rd party IR support
- 50+ Hotone original effects (incl. high quality drive/dynamic/filter/mod/delay/reverb models and more)
- 198 presets
- Built-in drum machine with 100 patterns
- Built-in looper with max. 120 seconds recording time
- 4 assignable footswitches with halo LEDs
- Built-in expression pedal
- Authentic stereo output processing
- Line, XLR and headphone I/O for various connection needs
- MIDI IN and EXP2 jack for connecting external controllers
- Road-ready, light-weight aluminum casing
No upgrades available
A great multi effects unit. It produces some very realistic amp models and can create give you clean tones through to overdriven and everything in between. What makes this box really cool is the drum machine which can be synced with the looper. This makes a great practice tool and just a load of fun.
Amazing upgrade from my old PodXT
I'll give it 5 stars, but many of the pre-set sounds are fairly useless. I understand they have to make a standard set because everyone's styles and equipment are different. I'm now in the process of changing many to suit myself, luckily it's fairly easy to do this. As many have said, it's built like a tank with thick metal. Only thing I didn't like was the quick start sheet has bronze lettering on black card, you can hardly read it. Other then quick start card, all other documention is online. Mine need a firmware upgrade - no big deal. For the price I paid, can't beat it.
I had been thinking about buying this for several months, but being the owner of a Line 6 Helix, I was in no particular rush. When I say that GAK was offering it for £315, it became a no-brainer, and I "hit the button." It serves as a more portable option for bedroom practice, than the Helix. I had already heard good things in other reviews, but still I was pleasantly surprised at just how good this unit is, and how useable are the tones. The looper and drum machine make this an excellent practice tool, which is the main reason why I bought it. The tones are also good enough to record with, and there is a stunning array of options and models to choose from. This is the most fun I have had with a piece of new guitar kit since I bought my Helix. I highly recommend this pedal.
Superb for the price - compares favorably to much more expensive rivals. I should know too, as I own most of them!!