Ibanez AE245 Grand Auditorium Acoustic, Natural High Gloss
New for 2017, the Ibanez AE Series has been designed and built around the concept of 'The height and performance of tone'. Taking into consideration the many genres of acoustic guitar music and various playing styles and techniques, Ibanez have developed a range of guitars which cover a broad spectrum, in order to achieve an instrument which excels in both sound and playability.
The new 2017 AE Series guitars are built upon the Success of the 2016 AE900 Flagship model, which took Ibanez 3 years of research and development. This has been carried over onto the new AE Series. Using specially designed Scalloped X top bracing and Tone Projection back bracing, the AE Series produce a unique and versatile sound character and rich sustain.
The AE245 features an all Mahogany construction which provides a warm, woody tone, with clear Projection. Punchy high-mids and a soft response make the AE245 perfect for both finger style and strumming techniques.
The compact, onboard active preamp helps reduce the overall weight of the instrument and the under-saddle pickup gives clear, defined and balanced tone which will give natural acoustic tone in any live performance.
The delicate wooden fingerboard inlays give the guitar a sophisticated look which compliments the all Mahogany body and high gloss finish.
- Body Shape - AE body
- Top - Solid Mahogany top
- Back & Sides - Mahogany back & sides
- Bracing - Scalloped X bracing / Tone Projection back bracing
- Neck - Mahogany neck(satin finish)
- Fretboard - Rosewood fretboard
- Bridge - Rosewood bridge
- Soundhole Rosette - Abalone and Maple rosette
- Inlay - Specially designed Wooden inlay
- Tuning Machine - Chrome Die-cast tuners (18:1 gear ratio)
- Nut Material - Bone
- Saddle Material - Compensated 4mm Bone
- Bridge Pins - Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins
- Strings - D’Addario EXP16, light (.012 .053 Gauge)
- Pickup - Ibanez T-bar undersaddle pickup
- Preamp - Ibanez Custom Electronics
- Output Jack - 1/4” output jack