Ibanez AM53 Artcore Hollow Body, Sunburst Red Flat
Ibanez AM53 overview by GAK!
The excellent Artcore AM53 exudes quality far beyond what would be expected from a guitar at this price! It features a body made from Sapele which is an African timber in the Mahogany family and as such ideal for a semi-acoustic body like this. The satin finish aids resonance as well as giving a smooth touch. The set neck has a slim and very comfortable profile whilst the passive ceramic Infinity R humbuckers have a warm balanced articulation and can turn their hand to a wide variety of musical applications. The body size on these AMs is slightly smaller than traditionally found on this type of semi-acoustic making them a bit more manageable.
- Neck type: Artcore Mahogany set-in neck
- Body: Sapele top/back/sides
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/White dot inlay
- Frets: Medium frets
- Bridge: ART-ST bridge
- Tailpiece: ART-ST tailpiece
- Neck pickup: Infinity R (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Bridge pickup: Infinity R (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Factory tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- String gauge: .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- Hardware colour: Chrome
- NECK DIMENSIONS:
- -Scale: 628mm/24.7"
- -Width at Nut: 43mm
- -Width at Last Fret: 57mm
- -Thickness at 1st: 21mm
- -Thickness at 12th: 24mm
- -Radius: 305mmR
- BODY DIMENSIONS:
- -Length 17 5/8"
- -Width 14 1/2"
- -Max Depth 2 5/8"
The guitar arrived well set up with a nice low action and it plays well with no buzzes or rattles. I really like the smaller body size. Considering its price, this a very good value for money semi-acoustic guitar. It is a joy to play.
Not what I was expecting no fault of the product it is allow cost model after all just not for me.