Ibanez AM93ME Artcore Expressionist Hollow Body, Natural
The Ibanez AM was an original Ibanez design in the early '80s. The AM is a natural progression of this design, though smaller in size. This guitar provides infinite playing comfort for smaller players, while holding on to the same light body and abundant sustain that has made the Artcore series so popular.
For a decade now, Ibanez has continued to energise the hollow-body segment with wide range of designs-with everything from rockin' hybrids to straight-up jazz-boxes. The new Expressionist line begins yet another chapter in the Artcore story. The Expressionist difference? Jazz fans will recognise the Ibanez original Super 58 pickups-the preferred pickup of George Benson, Pat Metheny and John Scofield on their own Signature models. A jazz favourite, yes, but as funk guitarist Eric Krasno has been proving, the Super 58s perform well in a variety of situations. Warm, balanced articulation, and excellent response characterise the Super 58 pickups.
- Neck Type: AM Expressionist 3pc Nyatoh/MapleSet-in neck
- Top/Back/Side: Macassar Ebony top/Macassar Ebony back/Macassar Ebony sides
- Fretboard: Bound Ebony fretboard/Acrylic block inlay
- Fret: Medium frets
- Number of Frets: 22
- Bridge: ART-1 bridge
- Tailpiece: Quik Change III
- Neck Pickup: Super 58 (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: Super 58 (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Factory Tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- String Gauge: .010/.013/.017/.030/.042/.052
- Nut: Plastic
- Hardware Colour: Gold
Superb guitar, holds the note fantastic
It sounds the business (my shoddy playing aside), but look at it. What more do you want?