Ibanez AVD9CE Artwood Vintage Dreadnought Electro Acoustic, Natural
Overview by GAK
The Ibanez AVD9 Artwood Electro Acoustic Guitar is part of the Vintage Thermo Aged line, where the wood undergoes a baking process to dry the wood, to make it feel and sound more like a vintage instrument, delivering a richer tone with better projection.
The Ibanez AVD9 has a mahogany body and a Thermo Aged Solid Sitka Spruce top, a mahogany soft-V shape neck, and an Ovangkol fretboard with 20 frets.
For pickups, the AVD9 has a Fishman Sonicore pickup located underneath the soundhole making it discreet, delivering a sound that accentuates the natural tonal qualities of the wood, and an Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp so you’ll get lots of power when plugged into a PA system.
The AVD9 also has a compensated bone saddle, Ibanez Advantage bridge pins that are designed to be easy to remove and replace, tortoiseshell body binding, and a gloss finish.
- Body shape: Cutaway Dreadnought
- Top: Thermo Aged™ Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany Soft-V shape
- Fretboard: Ovangkol
- Bridge: Ovangkol
- Body binding: Tortoiseshell
- Tuning machine: Chrome Open Gear w/Butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio)
- Nut material: Bone
- Number of frets: 20
- Saddle material: Compensated Bone
- Bridge pins: Ibanez Advantage™
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP™
- Pickup: Fishman® Sonicore
- Preamp: Ibanez AEQ-SP2 w/Onboard tuner
- Output jack: Balanced XLR & 1/4" outputs
- Battery: 9V Battery
- Finish top: Gloss
- Finish back and sides: Gloss
- Finish neck back: Satin