Ibanez AZ2204NW Prestige, Mint Green
Taking adaptability to new extremes, the AZ series has established itself and carved out a place that spans everything from the warmest blues licks, to the most intense, shred-heavy metal riffs. Carrying this ethos forward, the AZ line embodies time-tested Ibanez innovation and player-focused features like a smooth, oval neck grip, a well-balanced asymmetrical body shape, and the neck heel allowing for unrivaled playability.
There are three principles behind the Ibanez Prestige line: Precision, Performance, and Playability. Prestige combines high-tech manufacturing techniques with old-world Japanese craftsmanship, in order to achieve true innovation in design and construction. The series incorporates ideas and suggestions from musicians from around the world as the cornerstones of the Prestige production process.
- - Oval C S-TECH WOOD Roasted Maple neck
- The S-TECH special roasted treatment increases the wood's stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes. The neck is sealed with an oil finish which helps make it feel similar to a well-played guitar neck.
- - Rosewood fretboard
- Rosewood fretboard provides a well-balanced solid tone with a focused mid range.
- - Jumbo Stainless Steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
- Stainless steel frets boast excellent corrosion resistance. The wide and tall fret-type offers a quick response, good articulation when playing chords and clear tone when playing single notes.
- The Prestige Fret Edge Treatment guarantees effortlessly fast playing.
- - Alder body
- The Alder body delivers a well-balanced bright tone, enriched resonance and sustain.
- - Seymour Duncan® Fortuna™ S-S-H pickups
- Seymour Duncan® Fortuna™ Pickups feature a moderate output and natural clean voicing which accurately reflect subtle playing nuances. From treble to bass, the overall tonal balance is evenly adjusted and works well with various effect pedals.
- - Gotoh® Magnum Lock w/H.A.P. machine heads
- GOTOH® MAGNUM LOCK® machine heads have an established reputation for tuning stability. Its H. A. P® (Height Adjustable Post). system allows for the adjustment of string posts for the appropriate tension of each string.
- - Gotoh® T1702B tremolo
- The T1702B tremolo bridge provides quick response and improved articulation. The 10.5mm string spacing allows for easy picking across strings and its snap-in construction makes it easy to load a tremolo arm. The tremolo block and saddles are made of brass, facilitating better overall resonance.
- - dyna-MIX9 switching system with Alter Switch
- The dyna-MIX 9 offers nine sound variations and can switch between humbucker and single coil modes with just a flick of the mini switch. One mode even simulates a humbucking sound from the combination of two single coil pickups.
- - Non-recessed bridge cavity
- While the AZ series features a recessed bridge cavity for fluid and dynamic tremolo action, this model has non-recessed bridge cavity. The direct contact between bridge plate and the guitar body provides better resonance and helps facilitate subtle nuances in playing dynamics.
- - 5 tremolo springs
- Five tremolo springs allow string vibration to be more efficiently transferred to the guitar body.
- - Compound Radius Fretboard (228mm to 305mm)
- Offering the best of both worlds, the digitized compound radius fretboard is built to enhance both smooth chording and lead work in the upper register.
- - Super All Access Neck Joint
- The Super All Access Neck Joint increases playability and allows for easy access to the higher frets.
- - Ergonomic rear body contour
- A shallow body back contour and a big forearm contour make the guitar body fit the player naturally, thus increasing playing comfort. The AZ body has a deep waist and different radii on each body edge curve, making it easier to play in both standing or sitting positions.
- String Gauge .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- - Hardshell case included
- Ibanez Hardshell case gives extreme protection for your beloved instrument.
No upgrades available