Ibanez BTB1805-NTL Premium 5 String Bass Guitar, Natural
Ibanez BTB1805 Overview by GAK:
The BTB series has greatly changed with its upgraded factors and high-end bass features. The new sleek body has a curved bevel that helps create a more elegant feel. The Ash wing body features tonal clarity and superior sound attack, while the top and back Rosewood have a well-balanced tonal range from low to high. The stainless frets are for high durability and bright tone, and it features a zero fret for accurate intonation and minimal string height. The zero fret also helps open string sounds to be the same as other frets.
The bridges and EQ are also upgraded. The Mono-Rail V allows for a wide intonation adjustment range, and each isolated bridge is securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference. The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ, EQ bypass switch, and 3-way midfrequency switch allow for precise tonal control (250 Hz, 450 Hz, and 700 Hz). When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble-tone control knob works as a passive tone control for the instrument’s output. The Aguilar®DCB pickups provide well-developed overtones, singing sustain in the body, and note decay. The dual ceramic bar magnets equipped in the pickups provide a dynamic and responsive attack. The combination of the EQ and the Aguilar® pickups promises superior tonal possibilities for any playing situation.
D’Addario® NYXL strings are installed, featuring a dynamic range and harmonic response. The deep cutaway of the lower horn allows effortless access to higher frets. The 18th fret neck joint of the upper horn provides tonal sustain and neck stability. The BTB’s 35-inch through-neck is constructed with 9 pc of Wenge, Bubinga, and Maple and features 2 Graphite rods inside the neck for added stability. Moreover, the neck end adjustment allows you to adjust the neck easily without loosening the strings. The extended scale length helps create a clear sound and sufficient string tension for the lower strings while adding ringing sustain to the upper strings. Other features include a Premium fret edge treatment, secure high-tech Neutrik® locking output jack, and Gotoh® machine heads. A soft case is included.
- Neck: BTB5 9pc Wenge/Bubinga/Maple neck-through w/Graphite reinforcement rods
- Body: Rosewood top & back/Ash wings
- Fretboard: Rosewood with Abalone off-set dot inlay
- Frets: Medium Stainless Steel frets (+ zero fret) w/Premium fret edge treatment
- Number of frets: 24 (+ zero fret)
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: Aguilar® DCB (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Aguilar® DCB (Passive)
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & Mid frequency switch
- Factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- String gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- NECK DIMENSIONS:
- -Scale length : 889mm/35"
- -Width at nut: 47mm
- -Width at 24th fret: 76mm
- -Thickness at 1st fret: 20mm
- -Thickness at 12th fret: 22mm
- -Fingerboard Radius : 400mm/15 3/4"