Ibanez BTB745 Standard 5 String Bass, Natural Flat
Ibanez BTB745 Overview by GAK:
A truly boutique bass at a fantastic price! With a whole host of pro features the BTB745 can hold down the low ind in any situation. The neck-through construction provides massive sustain and excellent stability while the BTB's extra-long 35-inch neck scale offers tight, even tension with no flopping on the low end, and added sustain on the high strings. It also provides superior articulation. The BTB's much deeper cutaways allow effortless access to the upper frets.
The five piece maple/rosewood through necn has stainless steel frets which are known for their bright tone, extra long durability and smoothness of feel. There's a "zero" fret which provides accurate intonation, while allowing open strings to ring with the same resonance as notes played up the neck. At the other end the Mono-rail V is the ultimate bridge for bass string isolation. Each bridge is independently and securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference.
There's a pair of Bartolini® BH2 pickups which provide a tight bottom-end, punchy mid-range, and smooth response. The dual-coil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced string-to-string pickup response. The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3-way mid-frequency switch offers tonal variations that enhance simple chord work as well as complex soloing. And the Neutrik® locking jack provides stable and secure connections, preventing accidental disconnect or shock and vibration.
- Neck type: BTB5 5pc Maple/Rosewood neck-through
- Body: Walnut top/Ash/Mahogany wing body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone dot inlay
- Frets: Medium Stainless Steel frets (+ zero fret)
- Number of frets: 24 (+ zero fret)
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: Bartolini® BH2 neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Bartolini® BH2 bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/Mid frequency switch
- Factory tuning: 1G,2D,3A,4E,5B
- String gauge: .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- Hardware colour: Cosmo black
- Scale length: 889mm/35"
Beautiful bass! The bartolini pick-ups are superb also! The only thing I don't like is the Neutrik locking jack port, it is quite stiff even with the button pushed fully down, I struggled with it's first play and the jack port started to pull away from the body :( but with a couple of new screws and some tooth picks, I fixed this issue no probs :)