Ibanez BTB805MS Bass Workshop 5 String, Transparent Gray Flat
Without a doubt, your instrument should reflect the dedication you place in your musicianship and creative endeavors. At a certain point, the word ”boutique” comes to mind: Select-grade materials, neck-thru construction, and top-quality components, all in a meticulously combined into a stunning pro-level instrument. But what about the upfront investment of such an instrument? That’s where Ibanez comes in. Our ability to build small-shop quality, into inspiring yet affordable instruments, is showcased in droves with BTB series basses.
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players. These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you’re looking for.
- - 5pc Maple/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods
- The 5pc Maple/Walnut neck provides tonal clarity and superior attack.The Graphite reinforcement rods provides massive sustain and excellent stability.
- - Panga Panga fretboard
- Panga Panga features a beautiful wood grain which produces a tight low and mid range, along with a sharp attack on high end.
- - Medium Stainless Steel frets
- The Stainless Steel frets are durable and long-lasting.
- - Poplar Burl top / Okoume / Ash wing body
- A stunning Poplar Burl top with an Okoume/Ash wing body provides bright and solid tones with rich sustain.
- - T1 pickups
- The T1 pickup is a humbucker featuring two separate, individually mounted coils that provides tight bass response, punchy mid-range, and clear high-end. It offers flexible voicing suitable for various genres, and the height of each coil can be set individually for highly nuanced adjustments to the tone. On top of its great sound, the physical design features rounded edges for enhanced ergonomic comfort when using the pickup as a thumb rest. Moreover, the individually mounted coils allow them to be positioned slightly offset from one another. This makes it so the surface of the pickup where the player rests their thumb is directly parallel with the strings, which is not typical with most multi scale basses. This design greatly enhances the comfort and playability of the instrument.
- - Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ
- The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ is our latest refinement on the concept of simple, straightforward, no-nonsense EQ control. The Boost and Cut for the Mid Control are each centered on slightly different frequencies, an innovation that delivers a preset range of the most favorable bass tones.
- - MR5S bridge
- The MR5S bridge has adjustable saddles for variable string spacing by +/- 1.5mm, answering every bassist’s specific string spacing needs.
- - EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- - 3-way Mid frequency switch
- The 3-way Mid frequency switch allow players to change the mid-tone between 250, 450, and 700 Hz.
- -String Gauge .045/.055/.080/.100/.130
- - Hardshell case included
- Ibanez Hardshell case gives extreme protection for your beloved instrument.
- - 37-35 inch multi scale
- The 37-inch scale-length of the B string provides stronger tension for enhanced clarity and projection, even when drop tuned. The 35-inch scale on the G string offers balanced tension with that of the B, and the narrower distance between the frets allows for smoother, more comfortable fretting.
- - Neck-through construction
- The neck-through construction contributes to massive sustain and smooth access to high fretboard positions.