Ibanez EHB1265MS Multiscale 5 String Bass, Natural Mocha Low Gloss
The EHB’s headless construction, contoured body, ergonomic design, and chambered body make for a lightweight and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice sessions. This series also sports a combination of high-quality tonewoods and versatile electronics, resulting in a cutting-edge, ultra-modern bass, capable of cutting through the complex landscape of tones required for today’s bassist.
For more than 40 years, Ibanez has pioneered new frontiers in bass development, pushing the boundaries of conventional designs to bass players of all styles, affording new avenues of expression and creativity. This spirit of exploration has led to the creation of some of the most successful and popular production basses of all time. Following this same drive to bring new and relevant ideas to the musical forefront is what serves as the basis for this ongoing project, dubbed the Ibanez Bass Workshop. The impetus behind each one of these unique instruments comes from a desire by the Ibanez bass development team to satisfy the particular needs of many players. These inventions may not be for everyone, but for those who yearn to explore new sonic vistas through the medium of bass: The Ibanez Bass Workshop project may give you just what you’re looking for.
- - 9pc Pangapanga/Walnut neck with Graphite reinforcement rods
- The 9-piece Panga Panga/Walnut neck provides superior note attack, tight lows and increased sustain.The Graphite reinforcement rods provides massive sustain and excellent stability.
- - Panga Panga fretboard
- Panga Panga features a beautiful wood grain which produces a tight low and mid range, along with a sharp attack on high end.
- - Medium Stainless Steel frets
- The Stainless Steel frets are durable and long-lasting.
- - Walnut top / Ash body
- The Walnut top displays a rich, beautiful wood grain, and the Ash body delivers a pleasant brightness with rich sustain.
- - Bartolini® BH2 pickups
- The Bartolini® BH2 pickups provide a tight bottom-end, punchy mid-range, and smooth response. The dual-coil style configuration maximizes articulation and a long blade pole piece widens the magnetic field, providing balanced string-to-string pickup response.
- - Vari-mid 3-band EQ
- The Vari-mid 3-band EQ features a variable mid-frequency control which allows you to dial in an incredibly wide range of sounds.
- - Ibanez custom headpieces
- Rugged yet light-weight Ibanez custom headpieces enable strings to be easily set and released by a hex wrench from the back side.
- - MR5HS bridge
- The MR5HS bridge is designed specially for EHB basses and features a wide intonation range. Each bridge piece is independently and securely attached to the body for maximum vibration transfer. The saddles are adjustable for string spacing +/-1.5mm, answering every bassist’s individual string spacing demands, no matter the playing style. Teflon washers are used on each tuner for a smooth tuning action.
- - EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- The EQ bypass control offers precision tonal adjustments, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit.
- - Luminescent side dots
- The luminescent side dot position marks make it easy for players to see fretboard position marks when performing on dark stages.
- - Schaller S-Locks strap lock pins
- Indestructible Schaller S-Locks don't fail, even under the toughest conditions on stage.
- - String Gauge .045/.065/.080/.100/.130
- - Gig bag included
- It comes with Ibanez gig bag which is designed specifically to fit and protect this instrument.
- - Ergonomic body design
- The EHB’s headless construction and specially designed body enable the player to maintain a similar playing position whether seated or standing.
- - Slanted body back
- The top half of the back of the body is slanted which allows the bass to rest slightly closer to the player’s body for better control and a more ergonomic feel.
- - Comfortably rounded body edge, Chambered body
- Its contoured, ergonomic design and chambered body make for a lightweight, well-balanced, and comfortable instrument that’s excellent for long sets or practice session.
- - Scooped cut on the body back
- There is extra carving on the back of the body behind the lower horn for easier upper fret access.
- - Detachable Finger ramp
- A detachable Finger ramp is included for comfortable finger picking.
Great bass. Love everything about it so far. Very modern design being headless and fan fret. Superb and very happy that I bought it.