Ibanez JBM10FX Jake Bowen, Pearl White Matte
Just as each new Periphery release seems to turn progressive metal around another 180 degrees, Jake Bowen, the source of the band’s rich tapestry of guitar-based ambient soundscapes, has also moved the boundaries of guitar design and performance with his new Ibanez signature instrument—the Ibanez JBM10FX.
Using the Ibanez RGA as a foundation, Bowen’s departures from that iconic instrument are many. The JBM10FX’s Maple Wizard III neck allows for warp-speed fretboard work and smooth access to the upper frets. The JBM10FX features a Mahogany body with a Maple top, and a bound Jatoba fretboard with jumbo frets that bears Jake’s own custom inlay at the 12th fret. Add a reverse headstock for yet another striking element of visual distinction. The key feature of the JBM10FX is its fixed bridge design, a first for the Ibanez JBM series. Jake chose the Gibraltar Standard II Bridge, designed to provide optimal transfer of each string's vibration through the guitar body. Its smooth surface also maximises playing comfort. Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads provide superior tuning stability and help to expedite string changes. The JBM10FX also features Jake’s signature DiMarzio Titan pickups, developed under Jake’s supervision. Jake describes them as, “the perfect combination of tight and aggressive.” The JBM10FX ships tuned to drop-C (1D, 2A, 3F, 4C, 5G, 6C).
- Neck type: Wizard Iii Maple neck
- Top/back/body: Maple topnyatoh body
- Fretboard: Bound Jatoba fretboardjbm special inlay on 12th fret inlay
- Fret: Jumbo frets
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: Gibraltar Standard Ii bridge
- Neck pickup: Dimarzio Titan (H) neck pickuppassive/Ceramic
- Bridge pickup: Dimarzio Titan (H) bridge pickuppassive/Ceramic
- Factory tuning: 1D,2A,3F,4C,5G,6C
- String gauge: .011/.014/.019/.032/.044/.056
- Nut: Plastic
- Hardware colour: Black (Gold machine heads)