Ibanez JEMJR Steve Vai JEM Junior, Black
When Steve Vai teamed up with Ibanez in 1987, little did he realize what a lasting impact his signature model guitar would have. Today, the JEM is an iconic instrument immediately identified with the legendary guitarist.
- - Wizard III Maple neck
- Ibanez's thin, flat and fast Wizard neck is strong and sturdy and offers unlimited playability and features a two-octave 24-fret fretboard for a wide tonal range.
- - Jatoba fretboard
- Jatoba has a reddish brown color and produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
- - Jumbo frets
- Jumbo frets contribute to smooth playability, especially for single-note playing.
- - Meranti body
- The Meranti body provides a scooped mid-range with a sweet tone.
- - Quantum H-S-H pickups
- The Quantum pickups provide accelerated bass response for exceptionally fast tracking of high-speed staccato riffing with crushing mid range and precise high-end articulation.
- - Double Locking tremolo
- The Double Locking system holds your guitar in tune even under aggressive on-stage abuse.
- - Monkey Grip
- One of JEM's most recognizable features: Steve Vai's signature monkey grip. Crank your amp up, grab that baby and hold on for dear life.
- - String Guage .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042