Ibanez PIA3761 Steve Vai, Panther Pink
Introducing the new Ibanez PIA3761, the evolution of the JEM. Since 1987, the Ibanez JEM has enjoyed surprising success. It was designed around Steve's idiosyncrasies as a player and his desire to have a guitar that checked all the boxes. Little did he (and Ibanez) realise how many other people would find their note on this instrument. And now, after almost 35 years of the JEM, although the JEM is still in production and will perhaps be for many years to come, it was time to introduce a new signature guitar that is somewhat of an evolution of the JEM - the PIA.
PIA Blossom inlay: The newly designed PIA Blossom inlay is gorgeous, prominent, and elegantly imparts Steve Vai's trademark style and artistic vision.
Petal Grip Exclusively designed for the PIA, the new Petal Grip offers a balanced, contemporary design aesthetic. It's also meant to symbolize unity, companionship, and interpersonal bonds.
DiMarzio UtoPIA pickups: Based on Steve's latest tonal preferences, DiMarzio UtoPIA pickups are voiced for smoother highs, more scooped mids, and more pronounced low-end. The pickups incorporate beautiful aesthetics and design elements meant to complement the cosmetic features of the guitar.
Edge Tremolo: The Edge tremolo bridge and groundbreaking Lion's Claw tremolo cavity allow for rapidly increasing and lowering pitch with dramatic range and an intense voice.
Magnetic Tremolo Cavity Plate: The tremolo cavity plate is held in place magnetically, allowing for quick removal and reinstallation when changing strings or adjusting the tremolo system.
- Neck Type: PIA, 5-piece Maple/Walnut
- Body: Alder
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard with PIA Blossom inlay
- Frets: Jumbo Stainless Steel frets with Prestige fret edge treatment
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: Edge tremolo bridge
- String Spacing: 10.8mm
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio UtoPIA Humbucker, Passive/Ceramic
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio UtoPIA Singlecoil, Passive/Alnico
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio UtoPIA Humbucker, Passive/Ceramic
- Factory Tuning: 1E, 2B, 3G, 4D, 5A, 6E
- Strings: D'Addario EXL120
- String Gauge: .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- Nut: Locking Nut
- Hardware Colour: Gold