Ibanez SR1400 Premium LTD Bass, Natural
Ibanez Premium SR1400 Overview by GAK:
A stunning limited run from Ibanez. The Soundgear bass made its debut 30 years ago and has been quietly refined ever since, this beauty of a bass is a brilliant example of the evolution of a modern classic. Featuring a Mahogany body with a Flame Maple top loaded with a pair of passive Nordstrand 'Big Single' pickups allied to a custom 3-band EQ with an EQ bypass switch & Mid frequency switch offering precision tonal control, including a switch to choose passive-only operation. When the EQ bypass is activated, the treble tone control knob becomes the global tone control for the passive circuit- clever stuff! The Mono-rail is the ultimate bridge for bass string isolation- each bridge is independently and securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference.
The Atlas 5pc Wenge/Bubinga neck not only feels fantastic with a slim profile and satin finish but also provides tonal clarity and superior note attack. There's a couple of KTS Titanium rods inside to aid stability. The 24 medium frets have the wonderful Premium edge treatment that rounds off each fret end perfectly for a great feel. And the Graph Tech® BLACK TUSQ XL® nut offers lower friction to keep you in tune and gives clearer sound and sustain.
Don't hang about though, these won't be around for long!
- Neck type: Atlas-4 5pc Wenge/Bubinga neck w/KTS™ TITANIUM rods
- Body: Figured Maple top/Mahogany body
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
- Frets: Medium frets w/Premium fret edge treatment
- Number of frets: 24
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: Nordstrand™ "Big Single" 4 neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Nordstrand™ "Big Single" 4 bridge pickup (Passive)
- Factory tuning: 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E
- String gauges: .045/.065/.085/.105
- Nut: Graph Tech® BLACK TUSQ XL® nut
- Hardware colour: Gold
- Case/bag: Gig bag included
- NECK DIMENSIONS:
- -Scale length: 864mm/34"
- -Width at nut: 38mm
- -Width at 24th fret: 62mm
- -Thickness at 1st fret: 19.5mm
- -Thickness at 12th fret: 21.5mm
- -Fingerboard radius : 305mm/12"