Ibanez RGMS7 Iron Label, Multi-Scale, 7 String, Black
Ibanez RGMS7-BK Product Overview by GAK
A 7 string Iron Label model from Ibanez, the RGMS7 is a lightweight Mahogany bodied guitar featuring a double-cutaway body shape. The guitar also features a 5 piece Maple/Walnut bridge neck and a mono-rail bridge.
Onboard you will find a pair of Array-7 MS pickups at the neck and bridge position. Controls on the guitar include a three-way selector switch, master volume and a tone control knob.
Superb playability with an extended range, the Ibanez RGMS7-BK is a testament to Ibanez's ability to craft fantastic guitars.
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Mono-Rail
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Black
- Neck: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut
- Profile: Wizard III-7 (Multi-Scale)
- Scale Length: 25.5’’ @1st String, 27’’ @7th String
- Fingerboard: Jatoba
- Frets: 24 Jumbo Fanned
- Inlays: White Split Off-Set Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Array-7 MS Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Array-7 MS Humbucker
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector
- Hardware: Cosmo Black
- String Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042, .059
- Case Included: No
- Recommended Case: MR500C
3 stars because 5 stars goes to high end guitars, which this is not. Got this as an initial foray into fan fret. Typical Ibanez in this price band. Needed a bit of work to set it up but I can do that myself. Otherwise tidy and, on balance, good value for the price. I think having the neutral fret at 12 (rather than 9) is probably the biggest drawback, but it depends what you are playing. Toying with the idea of pimping it up with some Bare Knuckles.