Ibanez RGRTB621 Iron Label, Black Flat
The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument. The RGRT features neck-through construction and reverse headstock.
The Iron Label line was originally developed with metal and nothing but metal in mind. We modded and tweaked until we got to the heaviest-hitting metal axes we’ve ever built. They’re purposefully spartan, and you won’t find a feature here that doesn’t contribute directly to a bone rattling, earth shattering tones these guitars pump out. Carrying forward that same philosophy, the next generation of Iron Label guitars take this raw metal energy to a completely new level. They sport totally blacked out looks, and their supercharged electronics amounting to some of the heaviest-swinging metal axes we’ve ever produced.
- - Nitro Wizard 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- The Super-thin and ultra-playable Nitro Wizard 5-piece Maple/Walnut neck substantially increases sustain.
- - Ebony fretboard
- Ebony produces tight lows and mid range with a strong attack in the high end and features a quick response and rich sustain.
- - Jumbo frets
- Jumbo frets contribute to smooth playability, especially for single-note playing.
- - Nyatoh wing body
- Nyatoh used as the body wood provides a rich mid-low end.
- - DiMarzio® Fusion Edge pickups
- Through close collaboration between Ibanez and DiMarzio,® Fusion Edge pickups have been engineered to produce a powerful, distinctive tone with a crisp, cutting high end, and a tight, compressed bottom end, minus any muddy mid-range.
- - Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads
- The Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
- - Mono-rail bridge
- Designed for both stability and sustain, the innovative Ibanez Mono-Rail bridge minimizes cross-talk between strings
- - dyna-MIX10 switching system with Alter Switch
- The dyna-MIX 10 offers ten sound variations and can easily switch from humbucker and single coil modes with the mini switch. The power Tap mode provides a realistic single coil sound despite its two humbucker pickup layout.
- - Luminescent side dots
- The luminescent side dot position marks make it easy for players to see fretboard position marks when performing on dark stages.
- - String Gauge .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- - Neck-through construction
- The neck-through construction contributes to massive sustain and smooth access to high fretboard positions.