Ibanez SR300E Bass, Iron Pewter
Ibanez SR300E IPT Overview by GAK:
The legendary Soundgear bass continues to evolve! The beautifully sculpted Mahogany body is tapered around its perimeter making it sleek and very comfortable to handle. The same goes for the SR4 5pc Maple neck- its slim profile and 12" fingerboard radius make it a breeze to play. The dual passive PowerSpan humbuckers give a fantastic range of low-end tones and can be tailored with a custom active 3-band EQ circuit allied with Ibanez's new 3-way Power Tap switch. Tap Mode (single coil) creates a punchy, dynamic sound with superior articulation. Series Mode (humbucking) delivers a full, warm tone, and Power Tap Mode provides the best of both worlds- combining the clarity of the single coil with the fat bottom end of the humbucker.
Strings are anchored with the very solid, adjustable Accu-cast B120 bridge which have extra-wide string solts which can accommodate a range of gauges should you decide to change from the stock .045 to .105s. All in all a great, refined modern 4 string bass guitar.
- Neck type: SR4 5pc Maple/Rosewood neck
- Body: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/White dot inlay
- Frets: Medium frets, 24
- Bridge: Accu-cast B120 bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: PowerSpan Dual Coil (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: PowerSpan Dual Coil (Passive)
- Equaliser: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3 way Power Tap switch
- Factory tuning: 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E
- String gauge: .045/.065/.085/.105
- Hardware colour: Cosmo black
- NECK DIMENSIONS:
- -Scale length: 864mm/34"
- -Width at nut: 38mm
- -Width at 24th fret: 62mm
- -Thickness at 1st fret: 19.5mm
- -Thickness at 12th fret: 21.5mm
- -Fingerboard radius: 305mm/12"
Great instrument for starting out, good electronics and a lovely neck.
Perfect lightweight bass guitar with excellent tone for any beginner or Ibanez fan.
I'm new to bass guitar but this is very playable with great tone options. It's also very light for those of us with upper back issues.
Great bass, sounds and feels nice to play!
A very good bass, perticularly at a discount! Light, well balanced with a nice slim neck. Well finished frets and decent strings. Lots of flexibility in the electronics. Good attention to detail eg feelable centre position on tone control knobs and frenched socket. If you just want a quality, workmanlike bass, look no further.