Ibanez AVN9 Thermo Aged Parlour Acoustic, Open Pore Natural
Ibanez Thermo Aged AVN9-OPN Parlour Overview by GAK:
The Artwood Vintage series now showcases another vintage element by applying an "ageing" process to the tonewood : "Thermo Aged™ tone wood, made by a special drying process at a high temperature which is commonly known as "baking", "caramelisation", "roasting" or "torrefaction." The Thermo Aged™ process makes the sound louder across the entire frequency range, especially the bass and treble areas. It is a bit like having the guitar 'played in' for years from new! Thermo Aged™ Spruce X bracing further enhances this.
Other top-notch features include a bone nut and saddle which provide optimal transference of the natural string vibration and Grover® Chrome Open Gear tuners with Butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio) which ensure accurate, stable tuning and help reduce the headstock weight whilst contributing to the vintage look. D'Addario® Nickel Bronze strings emphasize the natural voice of Thermo Aged™ wood with incredible clarity, resonance and projection. The Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pinsreally are an advantage over old-fashioned pins- Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™, the pin and string stay put.
- Body shape: Parlour
- Soundboard: Thermo Aged™ Solid Mahogany top
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany Soft-V shape neck
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Body binding: Tortoiseshell
- Tuning machines: Grover® Chrome Open Gear tuners w/Butterbean knobs (18:1 gear ratio)
- Nut: Bone
- Number of frets: 18
- Saddle material: Compensated Bone saddle
- Bridge pins: Ibanez Advantage™ Bridge pin
- Strings: D'Addario® Nickel Bronze
- Finish top: Gloss
- Finish back and sides: Open Pore
- Finish neck back: Open Pore
- NECK DIMENSIONS:
- -Scale length: 634mm/25"
- -Width at nut: 43mm
- -Width at 14th fret: 55mm
- -Thickness at 1st fret: 21.5mm
- -Thickness at 7th fret: 22.5mm
- -Radius: 400mm/15 3/4"
- BODY DIMENSIONS:
- -Length: 19.5"
- -Width: 14 1/4"
- -Max Depth: 5"