Ibanez TMB30-IV Talman Bass, Ivory
The Ibanez TMB30-IV continues the re-emergence of an historic Ibanez body shape. This time as the Ibanez Talman bass.
With its powerful genre-hopping versatility The TMB30 features a short 30" scale length and passive Dynamix DXP neck and DXJ pickups for rich, vintage sound.
- Neck type: TMB4 Maple neck
- Body: Poplar body
- Fretboard: Jatoba fretboard w/White dot inlay
- Frets: Medium frets
- Number of frets: 20
- Bridge: Std. bridge (19mm string spacing)
- Neck pickup: Dynamix P neck pickup (Passive)
- Bridge pickup: Dynamix J bridge pickup (Passive)
- Equaliser: Passive Master Tone Control
- Factory tuning: 1G, 2D, 3A, 4E
- String gauge: .045/.065/.085/.105
- Hardware colour: Chrome
- NECK DIMENSIONS
- -Scale length: 762mm/30"
- -Width at Nut: 41mm
- -Width at Last Fret: 62mm
- -Thickness at 1st: 21.5mm
- -Thickness at 12th: 24.5mm
- -Fingerboard Radius: 240mmR
Great value for money
Good for a short scale bass
I wanted an inexpensive bass guitar for recording, and although I played a full-scale bass many years ago before changing to 6-strings I decided on a short-scale to suit my sitting down in a small home studio style of playing. The Talman ticked all the boxes. It has p bass and jazz bass pickups, so a wide range of tones is available. All the things to do to set up a guitar are done, frets and tuners are fine, and it arrived in perfect condition. It's great to be playing bass again after so many years! I'm very pleased to have bought a good guitar at a good price from a big name manufacturer.
Quality instrument, well built. Being short scale adds a different tone to your bass collection.
Really happy with this short scale bass. As a guitarist it is really is easy to get going with it quickly. I love the tone too. I was amazed by how it sounds. If you're in the market for a short scale bass then I recommend this highly.