Icon Platform M+ DAW Control Surface
Icon Platform M+ Product Overview by GAK
The Platform M plus is a compact, durable and versatile DAW controller from Icon, giving you the ability to manipulate your DAW of choice with hands on control.
Onboard you will find 9 touch-sensitive motorized faders and 8 dual-function encoder knobs, all which can be assigned to the parameters of your choice. Alongside these you will also find the Play, Stop, Record, Rewind, Fast Forward and Loop transport controls.
The Platform M+ works well with both Windows and Mac and comes bundled with ICON edition Cubase LE and Samplitude LE
Icon Product Overview
Seize control of your productions with the Platform M DAW Controller, adding true tactile control via USB2.0 to your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) and production system. The all-new Platform M is a MIDI control surface designed for producers, engineers and musicians who want the hands on control of a mixing console and the flexibility of modern “in the box” digital music production within a smaller physical workspace. With nine (9) full sized motorized faders, eight (8) rotary dual-function encoder knobs, backlit buttons for Mute, Solo, Automation and Transport control, a jog wheel, and access to your entire mix by banking across tracks in groups of 8 or 1 channel at a time, all the primary functions of your DAW are now at your fingertips.
The Platform M integrates with most popular Digital Audio Workstations. Mapping presets for Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton Live, ProTools, Logic, Reason, Studio One, Bitwig, Samplitude and Reaper are loaded at our factory. Mackie Control or HUI protocols provide seamless interfacing with your DAW’s functions. But even if your preferred DAW is not on this list, you can still map its functions with our intuitive MIDI learn mode.
The compact size (40cm x 20cm x 4.5cm) of this DAW controller means it should fit comfortably into any studio setup. But, the Platform M is also designed to be the nerve centre of your very own scalable, customizable, modular audio production system. Add the Platform D Backlit LCD Display Module to keep track of every parameter, channel and control value in your mix. A variety of additional expansion modules will be available soon, adding more faders, knobs and pads; providing even greater power, versatility and creativity. With Platform M, you can build the control surface that suits your needs.
- Extremely compact, durable and versatile
- Customize the perfect setup with a variety of Platform extension modules (coming soon)
- 8+1 touch-sensitive motorized faders with 10-bit resolution
- 8 dual-function encoder knobs (Rotate and enter)
- Jog wheel shuttle for fast search and control
- Illuminated buttons for each channel including Select, Mute, Solo and Record
- 6 illuminated transport buttons including Play, Stop, Record, Rewind, Fast Forward and Loop
- Illuminated Zoom buttons with 2 direction keys; use in combination with the jog wheel
- 2 illuminated Track buttons for easy selection of different channels
- 2 illuminated Bank buttons for shifting channels in groups of 8
- ICON “Quick-Setup” driver is available for Cubase, Nuendo, Reason and Bitwig for instant plug & play
- Mackie control built-in for Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Reaper, Reason, Studio One and Bitwig
- Mackie HUI protocol built-in for Pro Tools
- iMapTMsoftware included for easy mapping of MIDI functions
- Firmware upgrade available simply via USB connection and iMapTM software
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit), Windows 10 (64-bit) and Mac OS X
- USB 2.0 high speed connectivity
- Superior build quality and robust metal casing with Kensington lock port
- Bundled with ICON edition Cubase LE and Samplitude LE
- 12V/5A power adapter included
- Connector: To computer: USB connector
- Connector: To extension modules: 3 x mini Din jack
- Power supply: 12V2.5A DC
- Current consumption: 2.0A or less
- Weight: 1.65kg (3.63lb)
- Dimensions: 395(L) x 198(W) x 55(H)mm
- Dimensions: 15.6”(L) x 7.8”(W) x 2.2”(H)
No upgrades available
Brilliant piece of kit, works seamlessly with Reaper, too!