Jackson JS Series Dinky Arch Top JS32Q DKA HT, Transparent Green Burst
Swift, deadly and affordable, Jackson® JS Series guitars take an epic leap forward, making it easier than ever to get classic Jackson tone, looks and playability without breaking the bank.
The JS Series Dinky™ Arch Top JS32Q DKA HT has a poplar body with a beautiful quilt maple arched top and a bolt-on maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement for rock-solid stability and scarf joint for reduced playing fatigue. Hosting 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius bound amaranth fingerboard gradually flattens toward the heel from its more rounded profile at the nut. This makes for comfortable and natural-feeling chording and riffing near the nut, with optimal shred articulation and bending nearer the heel.
Powered by direct mount dual Jackson high-output humbucking pickups with ceramic magnets, the JS32Q DKA HT also features a three-way pickup blade switch, Jackson HT6 string-through-body hardtail bridge and die-cast tuners.
Sporting classic Jackson style, the JS Series Dinky Arch Top JS32Q DKA HT is decked out in all-new Transparent Black Burst, Transparent Green Burst and Transparent Purple Burst finishes with pointy black headstocks and all-black hardware.
- Body Shape:Dinky™
- Body Material:Poplar
- Body Top:Quilt Mapl
- Body Finish:Gloss
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Construction:Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish:Satin
- Fingerboard:Amaranth, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets:24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays:Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width):Black Plastic, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)Headstock:Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines:Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length:25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod:Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge:Jackson® HT6 String-Through-Body Hardtail
- Pickups:Jackson® High-Output Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching:3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls:Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs:Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish:Black
- Strings:Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag:Optional Jackson® Soloist™/Dinky™ SKB® Hardshell (p/n 299-6100-506); Optional Soloist™/Dinky™ Gig Bag (p/n 299-1512-106
I bought this for three reasons. I was on a tight budget, I only play metal and I wanted something easy to upgrade later if I decided to. I have had expensive and cheap electrics in the past and I've been playing on and off for about 25 years. I only play metal now ( 80s and 90s thrash, death, doom and black) and pretty much rhythm solely. I play both standard and down tuned so opted for the fixed bridge model to avoid the headache of resetting the bridge all the time. This guitar is really light and the neck is one of the smoothest I've ever played. The action was set good enough out of the box for me to be happy as is. I intended to change the bridge pickup anyway ( I mostly just use the bridge pickup anyway), but I was surprised with the sound from the stock pickups. Much better than I was expecting. Nicely finished body and frets are smooth. I don't get much electrical interference with the electronics on this and I have my amp gain close to max. For the price, this really does the job well. It's comfortable, well finished, sounds pretty good and looks the part too. Basically, you get a lot for your money. I think once I've changed out the bridge pickup to a better quality one, I'll be sticking with this. I'm having just as much fun with this as I did on guitars over 1k. Price isn't everything. This is an absolutely great guitar!